Chappy 25

"Breathe in. Keep your mind calm. Just focus on yourself and your opponent. You're stronger than you think. Keep calm. Focus. Now...defend yourself!"

(Y/n)'s eyes shot open, instantly ducking down to avoid Sir's leg that shot out to land a kick to her head. She shot out her leg, instantly tripping him to the ground.

She straightened up and smiled down at him, hands on her hips. After coming back from patrol, they continued their training and now Sir had suggested that they eradicate the fear holding her back.

"You're getting faster. A quick learner, I like that," he smiled as he jumped back on his feet. "We still have more to do for the remaining days, I insist that you also practice whenever I'm not around."

(Y/n) nodded and bowed courteously at him.

"Well," the man glanced at his wristwatch. "It's three thirty now. I will release you early for a job well done," he looked up from the watch. "You may head out now. I'll see you tomorrow."

The girl smiled and nodded. That meant enough time to take some rounds in the city. "Okay, thank you and goodbye!"

She lifted her hand up in a wave as she made her way out of the room. She hurried back into the changing room, took a quick shower and changed back into her school uniform. Since she had been given her own locker to safe keep her costume, she locked in her briefcase and pocketed the key.

As she exited the room, her vision was suddenly infiltrated by a familiar light-blue girl making her jump slightly.

"Hi, hi!"

(Y/n) relaxed and the corner of her lips turned up. "Hey, Kaoruko, what's up?"

"Just saying hi," the girl shrugged and clasped her hands behind her back. "We rarely get girls here so it's nice that there's finally one."

"Oh uh...okay," (Y/n) nodded, not knowing how to respond. "What about the other female pro-heroes?"

Kaoruko gave a dismissive wave of her hand. "Meh, too old, too busy," she then tilted her head when she saw (Y/n)'s attire. "Heading home early?"

The (h/c)-haired female chose to ignore her earlier comment and nodded. "Yeah, Sir gave me the rest of the day off. Why do you ask?"

Kaoruko pulled her lips into a pout and kicked her feet lightly. "Well uh...I was wondering maybe if you'd like to hang out?"

(Y/n) rose an eyebrow at her. "Hang out?"

She came to a realization that Kaoruko was also not in her hero attire and had changed into a white tank top, a pair of black shorts with black boots to go. It was the first time seeing her in casual clothing and the style fit her well.

Kaoruko grinned and nodded frantically. "Yeah! Hang out! Like a girl's day out or something! I'm done with my shift, so...yeah?"

(Y/n) pursed her lips in thought. She had other plans of her own but she just couldn't resist Kaoruko's pleading expression. She smiled. What better way to explore Tokyo than to go with someone who knows the attractions better? Besides, she did kinda crave the girl time.

The female nodded. "Yeah sure, why not?" her smile widened when Kaoruko's face lit up. "Where'd you like to go?"

Kaoruko linked her arm with (Y/n)'s and they began walking towards the exit.

"Well, dear (Y/n), you chose the right person to take you out," the girl began with a dramatic voice, making (Y/n) chuckle. "First, I'm going to take you to the Ginza Six, which by the way, happens to be the best shopping mall in all of Tokyo."