Chappy 75

A day had passed after the incident, bringing forth a new week and the start of another Monday, which meant school for (Y/n) and her peers.

Eyes a bit bleary from remnants of sleep, (Y/n) trudged downstairs, dressed in her uniform, bag slung over her shoulder and ready to head to school. She went into the kitchen where she found her aunt seated on a counter chair as she drank her morning coffee.

"Morning," the girl greeted as she passed by her aunt to head to the fridge.

"Morning," Nanami set her cup down on the counter and turned her head to look at the girl. "Sleep well?"

(Y/n) hummed in response while opening the fridge. She took out a half-full carton of milk before pushing the fridge door closed with her hip.

"There's toast."

"I'm not hungry," (Y/n) took out a cup from the dish rack and proceeded to pour the milk into the cup.

"You can't miss breakfast dear. You need all the nutrients."

The girl simply shrugged before chugging down the cold milk in big gulps. When she was done, she licked her lips in satisfaction while setting the cup into the sink. She returned the carton into the fridge and turned to face her aunt. Nanami was giving her a concerned look and it prompted (Y/n) to raise a puzzled eyebrow.

"What?"

The woman propped her chin on her head. "Are you okay?"

(Y/n) sighed and threaded a hand through her hair. "I'm fine. Just not hungry," the corner of her lips quirked up into a small smirk. "Besides, the dinner you made yesterday night was too much. I almost thought you were prepping me for a sacrifice."

Nanami returned the smirk. "Well, I have noticed that you've lost a lot of weight during the past few days. I could almost see your collarbones from here," she picked up her cup and brought it to her lips to take a sip.

"Don't...look at my collarbones," (Y/n) self-consciously tugged her collar up to cover her lower neck all the while glaring bemused aunt. "Jeez. You're making me feel underweight."

The woman released an airy laugh at (Y/n)'s expense, which resulted in (Y/n) rolling her eyes. (Y/n)'s phone then suddenly vibrated in her pocket and she quickly fished it out. She swiped across the screen and read the new text preview from the pull-down bar.

[7:15 am] My Fireworks 💞🎆: Get your ass out

(Y/n) bit her bottom lip to prevent herself from erupting into giggles as butterflies attacked her stomach. It was weird how charming she found the brief text when in someone else's case they would've found it plain rude. But she didn't care. He was her boyfriend, not theirs.

(Y/n) internally squealed when the thought of him being her boyfriend crossed her mind. They hadn't talked since the night of the festival due to "unforeseen circumstances" but that didn't bother her at all. He was already hers.

"Judging by that love-struck look on your face," Nanami's voice suddenly broke her out of her train of thoughts to focus back on a smirking Nanami. "I'm guessing it's your new boo."

(Y/n)'s cheeks turned pink as her eyes widened. She instinctively brought the phone to her chest and frowned at the woman. "Wha-what are you talking about?"

"Cut the crap dear. You already told me what he is to you. Plus," the woman stared down at her cup as the milk swirled into the coffee. Her mouth turned up in a fond smile. "I think you should respond to that quickly. He might think you fainted from overexcitement and had a concussion."

"Whatever..." (Y/n) muttered under her breath, her face still heated up from embarrassment. She looked back down at her phone and quickly sent a text back.