Chappy 43

It was silent. Too silent.

(Y/n) could hear the sound of her racing heartbeat in her ears as she stared back at Katsuki. The cool sea breeze blew through her hair, making several strands braid together, crisscrossing her face. She didn't bother shoving her hair back as she was glued. Glued to those red, fiery eyes that strangely drew her in with a piercing stare. They were like a pair of magnets. Strong, capturing, alluring, inescapable.

"Well?" a random man from the crowd impatiently asked impatiently. "What are you waiting for?"

The voice broke the palpable silence, along with the trance (Y/n) was in. She broke off the eye contact and turned to look back at the crowd with wide, dilated pupils.

Some of them sent her encouraging smiles while others jerked their heads towards the boy next to her as a 'go-ahead'.

Coming back to her senses, she opened her mouth to protest, but a rough voice beat her to it.

"Fine!! If it gets you fuckers to shut up then!!"

(Y/n) gasped when her arms were forcefully grabbed and was turned around to face Katsuki. He glared hard at her as his eyes furiously searched her face. (Y/n)'s eyes widened when his eyes flickered down to her parted lips and instantly, an alarm went off in her head.

What is he doing?!! She tried taking a step back but his grip prevented that. Why aren't I moving?!!

His fingers tightened around her skin, forcing her to move closer to him a few inches forward until they were chest to chest. (Y/n)'s hand went up to his arm to try and push him away but she only managed a weak push. When she saw him slowly leaning towards her, she let out a weak whimper. She placed her foot back in an attempt to take a step back but her body had a mind of its own and it refused to move. She could've pushed him away, put more effort into the push but it was like all her strength had disappeared and all she could do was stare as he got closer and closer.

Her heart stuttered in anticipation as a furious blush coated her cheeks and she swallowed. When Katsuki tilted his head, she instinctively squeezed her eyes shut. A hand went up to clutch her chest. Maybe if she held her hand over it, he wouldn't be able to hear how fast and hard her traitorous heart was beating.

Before he could finally seal the deal, Katsuki stopped short, his lips only centimeters shy from her soft, parted ones. He opened his eyes and glanced at (Y/n)'s face. His features softened slightly upon seeing her scared expression. His turmoil-filled gaze briefly fell on the floor and he ran his tongue across his upper teeth.

Looking back at her, he sighed and placed a quick, light kiss on her cheek before letting her go and pulling away almost immediately. (Y/n)'s eyes shot open in surprise and she automatically took a few steps backward. She pressed her fingers against her cheek as she stared wide-eyed at the ash-blonde. He wasn't looking at her, instead, he was glaring at the crowd but that didn't stop the nauseous feeling she felt in her stomach. She placed a hand on her stomach and her nails dug into the soft fabric covering it, slightly bunching it up.

The kiss was too sudden, too light to be even considered something significant yet... Why did it make her feel so... Her nails dug even deeper as if she wanted to claw out her own stomach to stop the butterflies, no, moths that were invading her personal space. She bit her lip. It wasn't right for her to feel like that.

"Are you fucking happy now?!" (Y/n) instantly jumped when Katsuki, also red-faced, suddenly yelled at the adults. "Fucking get lost before I shove my fucking foot up your asses!!"

(Y/n) turned to look at the disappointed crowd with a dazed look. They all grumbled, unsatisfied frowns on their faces, as they slowly began dispersing in different directions, leaving the two students in peace.