Chappy 49

(Y/n) stared at the TV in boredom. Katsuki had left hours before, reluctantly, to go school. He had given her specific orders not to step foot out of her hospital bed or otherwise he'd kill her himself.

That was considered impossible because how would she go to the bathroom then?

To make things worse, she didn't have her phone with her. She had left it in her bag which she gave to the woman at the fire scene. She was sure that Shouto had tried to call her only to get no response. He must've been worried sick out of his mind. Not that she could do anything about it anyway. She didn't know the woman or if she still had her bag and school jacket in the first place.

All she was left with now was to just stare at the cartoon she had zero interest in.

A series of knocks resounded from her door and she lazily turned her head towards its direction.

"Come in..." she drawled in a bored voice as she waited for the person to enter.

The door opened, revealing two faces that (Y/n) never thought she'd see together.

"(Y/n)!!/ Sweetheart!!" both Nanami and Mitsuki said in tandem as they walked towards the astounded girl.

"Uh...hi?"

How do these two know each other again?

"(Y/n)! Guess who I just met in the lobby looking for you?" Nanami gesticulated at Mitsuki. "Katsuki's mom! I just saw her and their resemblance threw me off. I knew they had to be related...And I was right!"

"Oh...that's nice," (Y/n) smiled at Mitsuki. "It's nice to see you again."

"It's nice to see you too, dear. We heard what happened. I'm so glad you're okay now," Mitsuki smiled and placed her hand on her chest. "How're you feeling?"

"I feel-" the girl began but stopped upon noticing the women's knowing expressions. "You guys know?"

"Yes," Nanami nodded. "When the doctor called, all I heard was that you experienced chest trauma and I didn't wait to hear the rest. I hanged up and ran here. I guess coming here all those times, I never gave them the chance to tell me what really happened, only asking how you're doing," her expression dulled. "But coming back today, they told me everything. Well, us, everything. I...didn't know what to say honestly. Or feel."

"Don't feel weird about it," (Y/n) pleaded, wincing a bit over the image of Nanami freaking out.

Instead, Nanami furrowed her eyebrows and exchanged a look with Mitsuki before smiling at (Y/n). "Why would I feel weird about it? You don't know how happy I am!"

The girl shot her a confused look. "You...are?"

"Not with the dying part. No," she laughed. "I'm happy because you're here. Alive. With us. So why should I dwell on the fact that you died instead of celebrating the fact that you're not?"

"You're right," (Y/n) shrugged and picked on her nails. "I still find it a bit weird though..."

"Of course you do! But you shouldn't worry about that. You're alright and that's all that matters!" Mitsuki chuckled while winking at her.

(Y/n) simply smiled wordlessly. She was glad that they didn't treat her like a risen zombie, even if it still bothered her a bit.

"Anyway! I'm just here to give you this," Mitsuki continued and held up the bag she was carrying. "There's a get well card inside and cookies. Lots of them because I know how much you love them!"

(Y/n)'s eyes lit up at her words and eyed the bag hungrily. "Thanks!"

"Anytime dear," the woman laughed at the eager girl as she handed her the bag. (Y/n) took out the card first and smiled at the little Scooby-Doo cartoon character drawn at the front. The card was purple with the rest of the Mystery Inc. gang drawn on various corners of the card, along with their van as the centerpiece. It was adorable, to say the least.