Chappy 59

(Y/n) paced back and forth in front of the class 1-A door, relentlessly trying to mentally prepare herself before entering into class. She still felt embarrassed about the previous day's unfortunate event despite the fact that she had told Katsuki to forget about it.

Breathe. Breathe. Breathe (Y/n). Just go in, don't bring any attention to yourself, sit down, don't make eye contact with him, pretend everything's fine and it'll dissolve on its own, yeah, that's good.

The female heavily exhaled and took two steps towards the door before stopping in her tracks and turning around.

Nope. Nope. I can't do this. I can't...(Y/n) chanted in her brain, hand on her forehead as she tried to calm her nerves. She glared at the empty hallway, crossed her arms over her chest and rapidly tapped her foot on the floor.

She stopped her foot movements and exhaled loudly. She then tightly closed her eyes and uncrossed her arms to pinch the bridge of her nose.

I'm overthinking things. I should just stop this and get in there...Yeah...just get in there....okay...okay...

She opened her eyes, inhaled deeply and swiveled around, determination etched on her face. She walked towards the door but immediately froze in her tracks inches away from the wooden barrier. All her determination and temporary confidence had disappeared into thin air, reducing her into a bundle of nerves once more.

"Well fuck..." she cursed under her breath, wide (e/c) eyes staring at the 'threatening' door.

"(Y/n)!" a gleeful male voice called, startling the girl. "Why are you standing outside the door?"

(Y/n) grimaced at being found out and quickly plastered on a smile before turning her head to face Kirishima.

"Eijiro! Hi!" she scratched the back of her neck. "What're you doing here?"

The red-haired male arched an eyebrow at her ridiculous question and nudged his head towards the direction of the door. "Getting into class. Where else?"

(Y/n) noticed her stupid question and chuckled sheepishly. "Oh yeah! Hahaha! Of course, I mean, pssht. You're heading to class and...ha ha ha, silly me..."

"Are you okay?" the boy inquired, eyebrows knitted together in slight concern.

(Y/n) nodded a little bit too quickly. "Yeah, sure! Why?"

"You sound like you're avoiding something...or someone...is that why you've been standing here for all that time?"

"Uh..." the female drawled out, eyes darting from left to right before going back to Kirishima. "No?"

Kirishima arched an eyebrow at her unconvincing answer before breaking out into a large grin, sharp teeth on display. "Well, if that's the case then, let's go in!"

Dread rattled her heart at his words and she broke out into a nervous sweat. "Wait! Right now?"

"Yeah! Homeroom's about to start," he pointed out but then paused upon noticing her aghast face and frowned. "Or is there a problem?"

"Problem? No! There isn't! I'm just uh..." (Y/n) looked around, swinging her arms. "Enjoying the silent hallway."

"Uh huh," Kirishima nodded, eyes slightly narrowed at (Y/n). He then sighed and run his hand through his spiky red hair as he looked around before looking back at the girl. "Where's Bakugou by the way? Don't you always come to school together?"

(Y/n)'s breath hitched at the mention of the ash-blond's name and she played off her anxiety by shrugging. "I told him to go ahead."

"Oh okay. Then he must be waiting for you inside!" he said as he began opening the door.