Chappy 12

The first match was between Iida and Shiozaki. Shiozaki went in the first attack by hurtling her vines at him, which he avoided using his Recipro Burst. He zoomed behind Shiozaki and grabbed her by her shoulders and quickly ran forward, pushing her immediately out of bounds.

"Shiozaki is out of bounds! Iida wins!"

***

The next fight was between (Y/n) and Tokoyami.

Tokoyami summoned Dark Shadow who charged towards (Y/n) as he laughed maliciously.

(Y/n) clasped her hands together in front of her and parted them, wasting no time in creating several balls of lava that floated in front of her. Since she was on the same team as him during the Calvary battle, she knew his weakness was light which gave her the upper hand in the fight.

She applied more heat in the balls, the intensity in degrees increasing the brightness of the lava-formed balls. Dark Shadow stopped immediately, the heat and light distorting him. He tried to find a way through but (Y/n) had arranged the balls in a barrier-like gate to keep him out.

(Y/n) increased the heat intensity, a trickle of sweat dripping down the side of her face from the energy she used.

Tokoyami, who realized that the heat was getting too much for him and the light affecting Dark Shadow, fell to his knees and withdrew Dark Shadow back to its bounds.

"I give up!" he cried in defeat

On hearing these words, (Y/n) pulled back her arms, the balls immediately disintegrating into dust. The atmosphere had become very hot, something that unaffected (Y/n) but took a toll on the people around her.

"Tokoyami gives up!" Midnight announced as she tugged at her collar, sweaty from the heat. "(L/n) wins!"

Tokoyami got up on his feet and gave the girl a courteous nod which (Y/n) returned.

The girl turned on her feet and walked out of the stage while prepping herself mentally for the last fight to go.

***

The next fight was between Kirishima and Katsuki. Kirishima went for the first hit, leaving a scratch on Katsuki's cheek while the latter blasted Kirishima's side.

They both fell back. Kirishima began delivering harsh blows to Katsuki, who had a hard time fighting back, resolving on evading them.

Katsuki them countered by blasting Kirishima's other side which affected him this time. Katsuki detonated another blast, Kirishima covering his face with his hardened arms to protect himself. But, Katsuki wasn't done. He continued delivering explosive blows one after the other without rest with the intention of wearing Kirishima's Quirk down.

In the end, Katsuki delivered the finishing blow that sent Kirishima flying back. The redhead fell back to the ground, unconscious and down for the count.

"Kirishima is immobilized! Bakugou wins!" Midnight loudly announced.

"With that vicious carpet-bombing, Bakugou advances to the third round! And that completes the final hour!"

***

"Yeah!!!! The first match of the semifinals! With both of them from hero families, it's a battle of the elites! From the hero course, Tenya Iida! Versus! Also from the hero course, Shouto Todoroki!"

"Start!"

(Y/n) who was watching the fight from afar, sighed unconsciously and hugged herself. She wanted to stay and watch the fight but her nerves were already eating at her stomach, making her feel queasy.