Chappy 11

"The two haven't started yet?"

(Y/n) turned her head to look at Uraraka, her eyes widened at her reddened face and puffy eyes.

"I've gotta watch!" she gushed out, though her voice came out exhausted and forced.

"Were your eyes hurt?" Iida inquired in shock. "You must hurry to Recovery Girl-"

"I already went. This is, you know...it's different."

"It's different?" Iida asked, oblivious to the real reason why appearance looked scruffy.

(Y/n)'s brows knitted. Oh my God Iida. She was crying for fuck's sake...

"If that's the case, then you must've been really frustrated earlier," Iida concluded in a gentle voice.

"Finally!" (Y/n) accidentally voice her thoughts, making everyone turn to her. She pursed her lips and pretended to be looking at something at the distance until everyone took their attention away from her.

"Rather than feeling regretful right now, you should use this next match as a source of encouragement," Tokoyami advised, earning a brief nod from Uraraka.

"Thanks for waiting, everybody!" Pres Mic's voice resonated through the whole arena, "The first match of the second round is a big match! The man who won a huge victory in the first round and literally left the audience frozen. From the hero course, Shouto Todoroki! On the other hand, this guy barely made it past the first round! What kind of fight will he show us this time? From the hero course, Izuku Midoriya!"

(Y/n) chewed on her bottom lip as anxiety bubbled up within her. She remembered the bold declaration of war Shouto had pitted against Izuku and now they had to face off. Her nervous fingers kept playing with the hem of her jacket but were stopped when another entwined theirs with hers. She turned her head to see Yaoyorozu smiling at her warmly.

"Don't worry, he's going to be fine," she whispered, her gentle voice meant for comfort.

(Y/n) sighed and nodded her head, returning her eyes to the two at the arena.

That's not what I'm worried about...

"At this year's sports festival, both have shown top-class performances! It's like two great rivals fighting against each other! Now! Midoriya versus Todoroki! Start!"

Shouto immediately sent ice rumbling towards Izuku, who flicked his middle finger, creating a large force that destroyed the ice. The force of Izuku's Quirk sent a large cold gust of wind blowing through the whole arena. Shouto, though, had created ice behind him to prevent the force from tossing him out of bounds. But Izuku had suffered the repercussions since his finger had broken from the use of his Quirk at 100%.

"Wow! Midoriya stopped Todoroki!"

Shouto repeated his earlier move, which Izuku also stopped.

"He stopped it again!"

Shouto, who could clearly see the level of injury Izuku was putting himself through by negating his attacks, sent another sea of ice towards him with Izuku stopping it again.

"It started?!" Kirishima gasped as he appeared in the watching room. (Y/n) glanced at him, remembering how he had beat Tetsutetsu at an arm-wrestling challenge to break the draw.

"Kirishima, good job making it to the next round!" Kaminari congratulated him.

"Yeah, I'll be up against you next, Bakugou. Let's have a good fight!" the redhead smiled at Katsuki, who didn't even pay him a momentary glance.