Chappy 9

"Wow! As expected of U.A. to bring out such tasty food!" Mina gushed as she bobbed her head to a tune in her head.

"Did you really go for the salad, Momo? On a diet or something?" (Y/n) asked her dark-haired best friend, her (e/c) eyes narrowed on her tray.

"Well, if you frequently eat green salads, you'll likely have higher blood levels of a host of powerful antioxidants like vitamin C and E, folic acid, lycopene, and alpha- and beta-carotene. Especially if your salad contains raw vegetables," the dark-haired girl's eyes fell on (Y/n)'s tray filled with junk food and smiled sarcastically. "What about yours, (Y/n)?"

The girl frowned and turned her head away. "Sorry I asked."

Yaoyorozu laughed as she followed the girls to a free table. (Y/n) set her tray down and moved over for Yaoyorozu to sit beside her.

"Yaoyorozu, Jirou," Kaminari's voice called out to them, making them turn back to look at him. (Y/n) noticed and leaned forward on the table to listen to what Kaminari had to say.

"Hm? Did you need something?" Yaoyorozu inquired at the serious-looking boy.

"Well, I'm sure you already know since you're a class rep and all," Mineta began and pointed at a couple of cheerleaders. "But they said everyone has to wear those clothes to do a cheer battle in the afternoon."

"Huh? Why?" (Y/n) asked, puzzled at such a request of wearing skimpy clothes.

"I didn't hear anything about an event like that, though..." Yaoyorozu faltered.

"You don't have to believe me, but we heard from Mr. Aizawa," the short male continued, backed up by a nodding Kaminari. "I thought maybe you'd forgotten, so I'd tell you just in case."

(Y/n) narrowed her eyes at the males in scrutiny, very aware of their perverted natures. "Are you sure about this?"

Kaminari shrugged at the girl, shooting her a confident smile. "Would I ever lie to you (Y/n)?"

"Much can be said about that," the girl muttered under her breath as she turned to pick on her food.

"Well, we broke the news. See ya!" Kaminari waved as he walked away with Mineta, their triumphant smiles hidden from the girls' view.

"Cheerleaders...huh?" Jirou asked in dread as she imagined herself in the costume.

"If it's an order from Mr. Aizawa, then I will volunteer to make them!" Yaoyorozu announced modestly and sat down next to (Y/n).

"Yes, just don't make mine too short."

After lunchtime***

"Now that lunch is over, it's finally time to reveal the last game! But before that, there's good news for all of you who didn't make it to the finals! This is just a sports festival!" Mic proclaimed in his usual preppy voice as the students gathered in the arena. "So we've prepared recreational games that everyone can participate in, too! Huh?"

"What are they doing?"

"What's the matter, Class A? What kind of fan service is that?"

(Y/n) crossed her arms over her chest as she glared at Mineta and Kaminari who were giving each other thumbs up.

"Mineta! Kaminari! You tricked us, didn't you?!" Yaoyorozu snapped at them, tic marks appearing on her forehead. She sighed and dropped to her knees in despair as Uraraka patted her back in comfort. "Why am I always caught up in Mineta's schemes? I even used Creation to make the outfits..."

Jirou angrily threw her pompoms down and hugged herself, a red blush eminent on her cheeks. "Those guys are so dumb!"

(Y/n) sighed and shook her head in disappointment. "I can't believe we fell for such mediocre pranks."