Chappy 13

"Uhh...(Y/n)? Are you okay?"

The female, who had plopped down on the seat next to Yaoyorozu, turned to face Izuku with a puzzled expression. "Huh? Why?"

The rest of her classmates were staring at her with a bewildered expression, something that made (Y/n) feel self-conscious.

"You...don't have any injuries..." Uraraka responded, her brown eyes taking in the pristine condition of (Y/n) in shock.

(Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows at her words and checked herself, finding the girl's words to be true.

"Huh. I didn't notice," she looked up at the girl with uncertainty as to where the conversation was going. "Why? Is that wrong?"

Uraraka shook her head frantically and sheepishly scratched the back of her neck. "No! It's just that...you were up against Bakugou and well, it's so amazing how you ended up without a scratch," she sent the girl a bright grin, though it looked quite forced. "You really must be strong to hold him off like that."

"Yeah (Y/n)! And how you stopped his blast with your own fist. It was like Bakugou's Quirk was powerless against yours!" Kirishima shot the girl a wink and a thumbs up.

"Eh? Is that so?" (Y/n) rubbed her neck in embarrassment, her cheeks reddening at the praise. "I just read up on my Geography, that's all."

"But it was so cool! Especially how you landed that punch on him!" Kaminari exclaimed, mimicking her actions by punching in the air.

(Y/n) let out a strained chuckle as she thought up of a way on how to escape all the attention thrust upon her. She jumped in surprise when an arm snuck around her shoulder and pulled her back into a body.

"I'm so proud of you!" Yaoyorozu gushed as she gave the surprised girl a tight side hug.

The girl's face softened as a fon smile made its way to her lips. She relaxed into the hug and chuckled. "Thanks, Momo."

"But on a serious note," the dark-haired girl let go of (Y/n) and sent her a serious expression filled with a bit of betrayal. "Why didn't you tell me that your Quirk can negate Bakugou's? I sure that one was a huge blow to his pride...even though he didn't show it much at your fight."

(Y/n) sighed and rubbed a hand up and down her arm. "Well, I didn't know either. I just found out recently," her shoulder lifted in a half shrug. "I didn't think it was important since I thought I wouldn't go up against Katsuki. Guess, it was a lucky shot."

"Then you must be blessed with luck," Yaoyorozu smiled at the girl, who returned the smile as she leaned back in her seat.

"I'm still wondering, how is it you don't have any single scratch?"

(Y/n) glanced at the dark-haired girl and shrugged. She would've answered the question if she herself knew the answer. In all honesty, she too was wondering how Katsuki hadn't landed even one single hit on her, focusing more on restraining her than beating her up. Her mind went back to how she had missed Katsuki by an inch and how she expected Katsuki to take advantage of that miss, instead, getting different results.

At the start, he didn't hold back on her when using his Quirk but when it came to using fists, it was like he was evading the opportunity to hit her.

She frowned. Was he holding back on me?... The Katsuki Bakugou?

"(Y-Y/n)! Are you alright?!"

The stuttering voice brought her out of her thoughts and she turned to look at Izuku, who was staring at her with an extremely worried look. The green-haired boy had turned to her to ask her about her ability to counter Katsuki's impossible Quirk but had seen her stormy expression and thought twice about it.