Chappy 52

(Y/n) stared lifelessly at the white walls of the infirmary, her face as pale as a ghost's. She looked like hell, purple bags under her eyes from the lack of sleep, her own eyes puffy and red from shedding too many tears.

She sat on a hospital bed, awaiting Recovery Girl to heal her remaining injuries so that she could move on to class. She dreaded going to class most of all, knowing that Shouto would be there. She didn't want to see him or be with him in the same room. The memories of the previous night's fight still dawned fresh in her mind.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," Recovery Girl's tired, weary voice spoke. "I was dealing with something in the other room."

(Y/n) nodded, only having heard the last words the woman uttered as she sat on a chair in front of her.

Recovery Girl peered at her, taking in her worn down form. She sighed upon noticing that the girl didn't even acknowledge her presence, her eyes staring at the empty space in front of her. The old woman poked her arm twice to get a reaction from her. The girl's eyes fell on the woman, her eyebrows raising in question.

"You were looking out of it back there..." the woman said. "Are you sure your injuries are the only things wearing you down?"

(Y/n) shrugged lethargically and forced a smile on her face. "I'm fine."

Recovery Girl sighed and shook her head as she muttered. "You young girls. Only ever the same response when someone can clearly see you're not fine. Anyway...let's get this over and done with."

The girl bent down a bit to her level, allowing her to place a kiss on her cheek. She looked down at her arms, the small scratches disappearing immediately along with the other injuries she sustained. Since she hadn't attained any sleep the previous night, the already less energy she had lowered even further, making her feel more like utter shit.

"Now you look more presentable," Recovery Girl piped up. "The redness in your eyes and those nasty bags under them are now gone. You better get some sleep after school otherwise bags aren't the only thing you'll get."

(Y/n) nodded.

Recovery Girl tutted and rose a hand to feel up the girl’s side. “How’s your side? Does it hurt?”

“No.”

“Good. Don’t strain yourself though. I might’ve healed it but the ligaments still need to repair themselves on their own. The wound was too deep for me to completely heal it so you need to take it upon yourself and make sure it gets the care it deserves,” the old woman sent her a pointed look. “The pain might be gone but that doesn’t give you permission to be reckless. Okay?”

"Okay…" the girl nodded, her voice sounding hoarse as she pushed off the bed. “Thanks…”

"Welcome."

The girl's body moved robotically to her class, her heart pounding even the more as she neared the door.

When she arrived, she stared at the wooden door bleakly, already wanting to turn back and head home.

Come on...you can do this (Y/n)! Just don't look at him.

She sighed, her hand going up to her hair and tugging at the hairband. She pulled it off, her hair loosening over her shoulders. She spread it evenly, so that the sides of her face would be hidden. The girl pocketed the hairband and inhaled deeply, mustering up the courage to go into the class.

She slid open the door and got in, purposely avoiding any eye contact with anyone. She felt like everyone was staring at her, as if they knew what went down when that was in fact not the case. They were all too concerned about her well-being after last seeing her in the hospital.