Chappy 45

One week after dozing-off-while-on-the-phone passed without much ado. (Y/n) sat on the sofa, watching a late night movie while eating chips. It was a school night and she was supposed to be sleeping but after some so-called wise and careful consideration, she had decided that watching the movie was more important than sleeping early.

The female dug her hand into the packet and brought the handful of chips to her ready mouth, her eyes totally glued to the TV. She had turned off the lights, the whole room illuminated by the light and sudden flashes coming from the television.

Her phone started to ring, the sound startling her a bit and she sent it a bothered glance. She leaned forward a bit to peek at the caller ID and saw that it was Shouto calling.

She stuffed the packet of chips in between her thighs and grabbed the phone with her clean hand. She accepted it and placed it to her ear.

"Yeah?" she said as she resumed watching her movie.

"Hi."

"What's up?"

"Sorry for calling so late but I'll be out of town for a while," Shouto informed.

(Y/n)'s eyebrows creased. "Huh? From when?"

"Tonight," he answered, distaste laced in his voice. "Apparently the old man is forcing us to go for a family visit to Osaka. Something about relations. I have no choice apparently but to go."

"Oh, okay," she dug her hand into the packet of chips and took one before brought it to her mouth. "But tonight, wow, so sudden. How long are you going for?"

"One week," he quickly responded.

(Y/n)'s mind had already drifted back to the television and was frowning, wondering why the protagonist was so dumb before she realized she was still on the phone.

"That's...too bad..." she lamely said as she tried to figure out what he said. She hoped she hadn't noticed that she wasn't even paying attention. "You're...gonna miss a lot of school work?"

"I'll catch up quickly."

"Yeah," she scoffed, glad that she had caught up with the conversation. "If you need a tutor, I'm right here."

"Sure, I can always count on my smart girlfriend," he said.

"Yeah, I'm smart," she brought the forgotten chip to her lips and licked it. "Super smart."

"And yet you fail at combat," Shouto said, most probably smiling.

(Y/n)'s smile dropped, replaced by a frown. "That's mean."

"Anyway," he added. "I have to go. We're almost leaving now."

"Oh," (Y/n) slowly nodded. "Okay. Have a safe trip. Bye."

"Bye," he said before hanging up.

(Y/n) tossed the phone beside her on the couch even without looking and shoved the chip into her mouth, her mind already getting consumed by the movie she was watching.

***

"Good morning," Mr. Aizawa greeted the class monotonously as he placed a blue file on the podium.

"Good morning!" the students replied in unison.

"Todoroki is not present and won't be until next week," some students turned to look at his rarely empty seat before the teacher's voice gained their attention once more. The dark-haired male sighed and opened the file. "But that's just a by the way. Back to the matter hand, today we're going to do a physical practice, which will focus solely on teamwork and the ability to communicate with your fellow teammates."