Chappy 5

(Y/n) grunted as she ducked her head to avoid the direct attack coming fast towards her face, immediately jumping to the side to avoid yet another attack to her side. She rolled on the ground getting on her feet to grab the boy by his side only for him to block her hand with his arm.

The girl reacted quickly and delivered a roundhouse kick to Shouto who blocked it by crossing his arms over the side of his face. He grabbed her leg and tugged it, making her lose her balance. (Y/n) yelped in surprise, only to flip back in the air to make the boy let go of her leg before she hit the ground, landing perfectly on her feet.

She panted as she stared back at the dual-haired male, who wasted no time in sprinting towards her and delivering a flurry of punches which the girl successfully dodged. She grabbed both his arms amidst punches, turning her back to him in attempt to throw him over her shoulder, only for Shouto to quickly escape her hold and tightly grab her hands from her front, twisting them to her back. The girl gasped as she tried to yank her arms off from his hold but was all in vain as he had her firmly pressed against his front, rendering escape impossible.

"Okay!...Okay. You win!" (Y/n) said between pants as she laid her head back on Shouto's shoulder to catch her breath.

"Giving up so soon?" the boy breathed out, his warm breath fanning the side of her face as he too tried to regain normal breathing.

(Y/n) took in a sharp breath and released it in a harsh exhale. "Can't help it if you know my weakness..."

"That's the point of this training. To strengthen your weaknesses."

"Yeah, but I have like a hundred weakness while you have what? Zero to one weakness," the girl bitterly frowned at the sky.

"I'm holding one of them in my arms right now," he said in a gentle voice as he placed a kiss on the girl's exposed shoulder blade as she was wearing a tank top.

"Ew, Shouto. Stop that," the girl yanked her arms away from his hold and pulled away from him.

"What? Am I not allowed to kiss my girlfriend?" Shouto asked, raising a questioning eyebrow at the girl.

(Y/n) twisted her face in disgust. "Not when she's sweaty and smelly."

"What are you talking about? You smell great," he commented, puzzlement showing in his heterochromatic eyes.

Are you kidding me? I smell like a he-goat in the summer...Her nose crinkled up. "Your nose must be off."

Shouto sighed and smiled softly at the girl. "Let's take a break."

The girl eagerly nodded, immediately sitting on the ground directly across from Shouto who had also sat down.

They stared at each other in silence, their thoughts on the festival which was the next day. They had been training together non-stop for two weeks, aware that the other students were also not backing down on training. They had focused on training both their Quirks, which were not so different and their combat ability which was also important especially if there was a one on one combat.

"I still can't believe for the first time since grade school we're actually going to be rivals," (Y/n) smiled, her mind going over the times they were almost inseparable. "It's so weird."

"Yeah. But I guess it's what we have to work with," Shouto shrugged and crossed his legs over each other.

The girl nodded and became silent, her mind swirling with thoughts. She looked down at her lap and began inspecting her nails. A pensive look overtook her features as she pursed her lips.

"What's on your mind?"

The (h/c)-haired girl immediately looked up and sent him a small smile. She shook her head. "I'm just worried about you, that's all."