Chapter 72

(Y/n) was suffering.

Both emotionally and physically.

Two days had passed after the impromptu surprise kiss on the cheek and let's say things were a bit...silent between the two teenagers. Katsuki hadn't mentioned anything the following morning and acted completely normal which wasn't a surprise but which still managed to surprise the only other person who knew him well enough if you exclude Izuku.

(Y/n), because it would've been awkward to be the only one freaking out about it, also remained passive towards it and acted normal.

But then, it shouldn't be said that she was okay with it. In fact, she was nearly becoming volatile to the point that even her classmates began to be wary of her.

It had only been two days and Katsuki had successfully managed to drive her nearly insane.

It hadn't been much to put her classmates at unease but the signs were hard to ignore. Time and again, (Y/n) could be found staring at completely nothing with an intense look that could only be described as scary. Another time, she could be found making odd facial impressions, as if she was having a heated internal monologue and whenever she'd snap out of it and find someone looking at her, she'd unintentionally glare at them.

Her sudden odd behavior wasn't restricted only to the class but also dragged out to the field. With her modified and new skills learned from the main source of her madness, she wasn't afraid of going all out on anyone who was unfortunate enough to be pitted against her. It was at that moment that Mineta really regretted ever being in the same class with (Y/n).

The girls of the class had grown increasingly worried about the girl and had devised a plan on asking her what's wrong along with talking to her. They had managed to corner her in the cafeteria and persuade her to sit with them despite several protests and even more 'I'm fine' statements. But like the good friends they were, they ignored her and made her sit between Uraraka and Mina, who wouldn't let her escape even if the world was ending and she was the only one who could save it. Because that was what they were. Good friends.

"Okay. Spill," Mina demanded, eyes fixing (Y/n) with a smoldering look. "What's bugging you?"

(Y/n) retaliated with a blank look and shrugged. "What do you mean?"

"We mean," (Y/n) turned to look at Uraraka. "You've been acting strange these days. Is something wrong?"

(Y/n)'s eyes widened and swept over the other girls' curious looks similar to the one Uraraka was giving her. Something caught her attention at the corner of her eye and she turned her gaze towards it.

Her heart stuttered upon seeing Katsuki's face from across the cafeteria. He was yelling profanities at a laughing Kirishima sitting next to him. The sharp-toothed male was probably teasing him considering how red-faced Katsuki was.

"Ohh," Jirou mused knowingly, her head turned to look at what (Y/n) was looking at. "So he's the reason."

(Y/n) looked at her in a panic. "Huh? What? No. It's not."

"Is something wrong with your relationship?" Yaoyorozu asked in a concerned tone as she placed her hand on her chest. "You can always tell us."

"Re...lationship?" the girl echoed with a confused look. "We don't have a relationship."

"You're not dating?!" Tohru exclaimed loud enough for Jirou to wince. Luckily, the whole cafeteria was buzzing with chatter so Tohru's voice was only audible to the girls.

"Anymore louder and the League of Villains could've heard you," (Y/n) frowned at her shocked friend.

"Sorry," Tohru chuckled sheepishly, the sleeves of her shirt flailing widely around her. "I'm just surprised."