Chappy 46

The girl instantly dashed towards the direction of the scream, leaving behind a confused Katsuki.

"Hey! (Y/n)!!" he yelled after her. "Don't fucking go running off like that!"

Realizing that she wasn't even listening, he let out a loud groan and ran after her, following her to where she was heading to.

(Y/n) looked over her shoulder and smiled when she saw the ash-blonde hot on her heels. As they got near, she could feel the heat intensity increasing, knowing it was nearby. When she got there, she gaped when she finally saw what the commotion was. A large apartment complex was engulfed in flames, the first two floors completely charred black and flames tearing through the broken windows. It was only a matter a time before the fire spread to the top four floors.

A large crowd had gathered a distance away as they watched. There were no police officers or firetrucks around, meaning the fire had started not too recently. The girl immediately ran towards the crowd to get a closer look. She could hear Katsuki call out her name but she ignored him and elbowed her way through the crowd to get to the front. She got the occasional 'don't go too near kid!' and 'stop pushing!' but they all fell deaf to her ears as she focused on her goal.

Once she got to the front, (Y/n) stared up at the building in shock.

Why isn't anyone doing anything?!! She frantically looked around for a pro-hero but found none. Usually, there'd be a multitude of heroes trying to fight the fire so why wasn't there any at the scene?

"He's in there!!!" a woman's sudden agonized scream interrupted her thoughts, turning her attention to her. The woman was crying hysterically while pulling at her disheveled white hair as her long bunny ears twitched uncontrollably on her head. "He's still in there!!!"

(Y/n) gasped and looked back at the building. A loud explosion that shook the very ground erupted from the third floor, smashing all the windows and hurtling shards of glass towards the front rows of the audience. Some who were at the front screamed as they covered their faces from the glass.

(Y/n) lowered her arm and straightened up to gape at the burning building.

No one could survive that! With this heat, they can't get out without risking being severely burnt!!

Her eyes widened. But...I can't...

With that revelation, she whipped her head towards the woman. "Where is he?!"

The woman pointed at the fifth story of the building. "Please help him!! I'm begging you!! I can't lose him!!"

(Y/n) felt her heart nearly break from her painful plea and she nodded, her hero instincts took over. No one was coming soon, and the people in there would die if someone didn't get to them on time.

She went to take a step towards the building before a hand grabbed her arm, jerking her back. She turned around, ready to chew the person's head off but snapped her mouth when she met Katsuki's seething face.

"What the fuck?! Are you insane?!!" his grip around her arm tightened. "First you run off and now you wanna get into that building?! Are you trying to get yourself killed?!"

"Someone's in there Katsuki!!" she tried to reason with him, pointing at the burning building. "They're going to die if I don't do something!!"

"It's not your fucking job!" he yelled. "They can wait for the pros in there or better yet save themselves while they're at it!"

(Y/n) stared at him, mouth wide open. What the hell is he...

"Are you serious?!"

"Yeah!" Katsuki tugged her to him. "Fucking serious about making sure you don't get yourself fucking killed!"