Chappy 33

As promised, Shouto passed by (Y/n)'s home to walk her to school. Putting aside her earlier resistance, she was glad that she didn't have to walk into the class alone.

As the duo approached the class door, (Y/n) couldn't help but feel like throwing up. Her nerves were going haywire, making her wring her fingers repeatedly. She really hoped against all hopes that Katsuki had skipped school that day.

Her hopes were however shattered when she entered the door, her (e/c) eyes immediately falling on the boy's form. He was sitting in silence, his head turned to face the wall as he rested his cheek on his palm. Her stomach dropped as she closed the distance between her door and her desk, her breath growing shaky as she prayed that he wouldn't turn his head towards her direction.

She kept her eyes glued on him as she silently sat down, careful not to make any noise that would alert him. The previous day's awkwardness returned and it made things more uncomfortable even if they were yet to talk.

(Y/n) rested her cheek on her palm, her head turned away from Katsuki as she stared at the door.

She inhaled deeply, her eyes scrutinizing the tempting door.

I still have time, maybe I could make a run for it... (Y/n) exhaled in slight amusement at her cowardly thoughts, her aunt's words ringing in her mind.

Her thoughts were interrupted when the door opened, a figure invading her line of vision.

"Good morning," Mr. Aizawa greeted them in his usual exhausted-filled voice as he walked to the front

"Good morning!"

Shoot! Too late! (Y/n) frowned as she straightened up in her seat. From the corner of her eye, she could see that Katsuki had also straightened up and was now looking at Mr. Aizawa. He wore an impassive expression as if he'd rather be anywhere else but in class.

"Today we're going to USJ. More rescue training for you."

"More rescue training?" Tohru wondered aloud, earning a nod from Aizawa.

"Yes. As heroes, you need to be efficient in rescuing. Disasters occur frequently so rescue training is necessary. We'll be leaving in approximately an hour. Change into your costumes and meet me at the bus," Aizawa explained before exiting the class.

The minute he left, multiple voices erupted in the class together with the screeching sounds of chairs scraping against the ground as the students stood up to head to the changing rooms.

Movement to (Y/n)'s right caused her to turn her head to look at Katsuki, who was also standing up. Her eyes accidentally met his, making her breath hitch. The eye contact lasted only seconds as the male immediately broke off the eye contact and silently strode out of the class.

So awkward. (Y/n) bit the inside of her cheek as she watched him exit before she rose from her seat. She was glad that the teacher had chosen an outdoor lesson instead of the usual indoor ones. She had no idea how long she could manage the tension in class.

"Incoming!!!"

Before the girl could react, a body collided with hers in a hug, making her stumble back a bit. The person pulled away and grinned brightly at her.

"Morning!!"

"Morning," (Y/n) chuckled at Mina's sudden enthusiasm, still puzzled as to why she hugged her. "What's the occasion?"

The pink-haired girl shrugged. "Thought you needed it."

(Y/n) sighed and smiled at Mina's caring gesture, touched with her concern.