three

Five year old, Richie pov
Eddie and I were playing in the park on the swings. Eddie was always so cute. He makes me smile. Eddie was on the swing when he fell off. I saw Eddie start to cry when he saw the blood. He said "Owie! Richie I'm bleeding and it hurts!" I ran to his side and sat down next to him. I said "it's okay Eds, you have bandaids in your little waist pouch righ-" Eddie interrupted me and said "Fanny pack" I said "okay, Fanny pack right? Ill help you" he nodded and I took out the bandage and put it over the cut. Eddie smiled and I kissed the bandage covering his cut. Whenever I kiss Eddie on the cheek or even anywhere he gets really happy. Eddie got up and kissed my cheek. It made me feel happy too. It was like little butterflies in my stomach. It felt weird. WERE THERE ACTUAL BUTTERFLIES IN MY STOMACH?! I screamed. Eddie said "Richie what's wrong?!" I said "I think there are butterflies flying around in my stomach, Eddie why are they in there?!" Eddie laughed and said "Richie there aren't actual butterflies, it's just when you're nervous or when you're around someone you like" do I like Eddie? I said "do you get butterflies around me?" Eddie said "yeah" I smiled and said "Eddie I think I like you." Eddie gave me a hug and we both fell to the floor laughing. He said "I like you too Richie" I was really happy. Eddie said "okay lets go play tag!" Eddie got up and started to run in the grass. I giggled and chased after him. I said "TAG!" and I poked his nose. We both laughed and played until our mommies came to take us home.

Aw, young Reddie!
-Miri