twelve

Richie was terrified, and I mean terrified of haunted houses because of clowns. He hated them, they were his worst fear after he and the losers defeated pennywise last summer. It was Halloween, and Eddie really wanted to go to a haunted house with Richie. Eddie always thought of Richie, as a tough boy who wasn't scared of anything, because Eddie was usually the baby who was scared of almost everything. Richie would protect Eddie, and Richie was scared of not just clowns, but he was scared of not being able to protect Eddie because of his own fears. They were about to enter when Richie stopped and said "Hey baby, are you sure that you wouldn't want to just head back to my house, watch movies, eat candy, cuddle all night?" Richie made puppy dog eyes which Eddie couldn't resist, but he had to. Eddie said "we can do that after, Rich, I really want to do this." Eddie whined and did the same as Richie, and Eddie knew he had Richie on the palm of his hand when he did that. Richie sighed and said "fine, but we have to cuddle when we get to my house or I'm not talking to you for a whole week." Richie and Eddie both knew, Richie would give in by the next day, but Eddie knew Richie would try so he said "trust me, we will cuddle and do whatever you want." Richie smiled and said "ok let's go." Richie took a deep breath as they entered, and the first thing he saw was clowns walking around with chainsaws. Richie's eyes widened as one approached them. Richie hid behind Eddie and held him close. Eddie giggled lightly and Eddie said "can we get a picture?" The clown nodded and a photographer came and said "ok, get close." Eddie smiled brightly, while Richie faked a smile hiding the fear he had. The flash almost blinded the two boys but soon enough their eyes adjusted, and Eddie took the picture and nodded at the photographer, handing him some money. The clown walked away and Richie and Eddie walked to the haunted house hand in hand. Eddie said "Richie, are you okay? You seem a little off. You're not making jokes, or trying to kiss me?" Richie said "I'm okay baby, just...don't want to see you scared." That was one of the biggest lies, Richie has ever told. Eddie nodded and said "oh okay, don't worry about me though." Eddie got on his tip toes and placed a sweet kiss on Richie's cheek making him melt, but not enough to forget about his fear. As they were walking a clown surprised Richie and Eddie by screaming and starting the chainsaw. Richie screamed, the deep scream he had, and Eddie just laughed. They kept walking as Richie trembled. They finally got to the haunted house, and they walked in. Everything was dark, and it reminded him of the sewers. Eddie grabbed a hold of Richie's hand and kept walking. Soon enough, a big clown popped out and scared both boys. Richie screamed and Eddie just tightened his grip. They kept going and multiple clowns popped out chasing both boys almost through the haunted house. Richie wanted to start crying, but Eddie was smiling brightly in the haunted house having the time of his life. The were finally almost out, and Richie was so happy. Richie would always call himself a baby when it came to clowns but, for his age, it was normal to be scared of this, they were only 14, and Richie almost going to turn 15. They were about to exit, but another clown popped up pulling out a handful of popcorn from a bucket and he held a couple balloons in the other. Richie felt a single tear fall from his eye as he screamed and jumped into Eddie's arms. Eddie could barely carry Richie but he saw he was scared, so he ran out planting small kisses on his cheek and whispering "it's going to be okay" "Eddie's here" "the clown is gone Richie" Eddie rubbed his back and went to a bench. He sat down putting Richie next to him. Richie was still terrified. Eddie said "Richie, are you afraid of clowns?" Richie nodded looking embarrassed. Eddie noticed and said "Richie, don't be embarrassed. I get it, it was only last summer. You should have told me you were scared and we would've gone to your house." Richie said "I'm sorry Eddie, I completely ruined this for you. I wasn't just scared of clowns, I was scared I wasn't going to be able to protect you because I was too scared, but apparently I shouldn't be worried." They both giggled and Eddie said "let's go to your house, cuddle, eat candy, and watch movies. Next year, we will stay in, I promise." Richie and Eddie both got up, and exited the place. The taxi drove them to Richie's house, and they soon got off wanting to be inside. They both ran inside and jumped onto the couch, cuddling under a blanket, with a bowl of candy, and turning on the TV putting on old Halloween movies, Eddie made sure they weren't about clowns. After the first movie ended, Eddie said "im sorry about the first half of Halloween but did you get what you wanted now?" Richie smiled and kissed Eddie's forehead and said "I've always had what I wanted, and it's you. But yes, yes I did get what I wanted." Eddie smiled and snuggled up to Richie's side and said "I love you Richie." Richie said "I love you too Eddie, happy Halloween." and with that, just like Richie wanted, they spent the whole night cuddling, eating candy, and watching movies. Richie was happy Eddie was by his side, he wouldn't trade this moment for anything.

Since Halloween is coming up and everything
-Miri