thirty six ; 3

Eddie pov ⚠️-homophobic slurs (sorry)
I know I shouldn't be forgiving him. I know he loves me. I know he did something fucked up, but I understand. I was laying in my room waiting for the time Richie would come over and be with me. I sighed and my phone started to buzz. I shrugged and picked it up. My eyes started to tear up when I saw what was on my phone.

"Fucking pussy"
"I saw the news fag, I can't believe the doctors actually saved you"
"Go die you gay fucker"
"I can't believe you, you're a disgrace"
"No one likes you, it's just the truth"
"Ya know, everyone talks shit about you, I wouldn't bother coming back"

My lips started to tremble and my heart started to pound. My breathing picked up and I felt like I might go crazy. My throat felt like it was tightening and I could barely breathe. I managed to choke out "h-HeLp!" Doctors came rushing in and so did Beverley. I saw her rush out and call someone before everything went black.

Richie pov
Tears were streaming down my face as I looked out my window. The rain was falling and hitting my window. I love eddie so much, I miss him. I heard my phone buzzing so I picked it up. It was Beverly. I pressed the accept button and said "hello?" She started to cry out, "eddie just passed out! He was having an attack! Hurry and come please!" I threw my phone and ran outside. My heart started to race and my sons became more frequent as I thought of the situation. I hoped in and started to drive. The rain became so heavy I could barely see. I was thinking of eddie and only eddie. As I was about to turn left, my car started to flip over. It crashed into a light post and my vision blurred. I only saw the blood running down my arms as I looked down. Before I could even try to survive everything stopped and everything turned black, and faded away.

Eddie pov
I woke up with a migraine. I rubbed my head as I saw Beverley crying in the chair next to me. I looked at her and said "what happened?" She just pointed to the tv and turned up the volume. "A car crashed into a light post on fifty-seventh street. We found photos of two young boys, it looks like they were boyfriends. The victim had black curly hair and thick glasses. We wi-" the tv turned off and I felt numb. Tears ran down my cheeks as I realized what happened. Richie's dead. My heart broke into a million pieces. I can't believe the last thing we ever said to each other was at his house, when we broke up. My tears were heavy and felt like bullets coming down my face. It felt like it wasn't real, but believe me, it was. Beverly sat with me and held me close. My sons became louder as she started to try and calm me down. I turned on the tv and saw his dead body. Blood was running from every inch of his body, and pieces of glass were injected into his skin. The skin that once was soft and would make me feel better, is now bloody and pale, the hands that used to run through my hair were now almost sliced off, and the heart that once beat for me, isn't beating at all. I rushed out of bed in my hospital gown and ran towards the exit. Beverley tried to catch me but I pushed a cart in front of her. I ran and ran till I got to Richie's accident. I saw police surrounding the vehicle and trying to clean up what happened. I ran towards the police and screamed "let him go!" They put him on a stretcher and I rushed to his side. Tears were falling from my eyes onto his face. I held him close as I cried my heart out. Nothing will ever be the same ever again.

3 years later...

Eddie pov
It's been three years since Richie died. I still felt the same pain I did the day he died. I'm at his grave, wishing he would come back, but I know he couldn't. I lost the love of my life three years ago and I still can't let it go. I don't think I cold ever let it go. My heart was still numb, and it's never started to beat for anyone else. So many things happened, Bev and Ben broke up, I graduated high school, I got a job, I moved out and into an apartment, and i got more pills. I know it sounds stupid, but I'll never love again. Never. I still can't believe we ended on such bad terms. I placed some flowers on his grave, and held onto our anniversary necklace tight. I sighed and walked away. Every time I leave that grave, the more I miss him, and the more I lose hope to ever find love. I don't need it, Fuck love.

I hope you guys liked it! I'm sooooo sorry I killed Richie! Thank you all for the love!❤️
-Miri