thirty one

It was a chilly Thursday night in Derry, Maine. Richie was alone in his room, thinking about him and his love, Eddie kaspbrak. He was thinking back to their little hide out the the middle of no where. It was a place only them two shared, it was special. They would play around and even lay around and watch the fireflies fly around. He remembered the old school yard, when Richie would bring his guitar, and the two would sing to their favorite songs by Green Day. Richie and Eddie stopped talking for a while, but they would share quick glances every couple days and both their young faces would blush. Now Richie is a little older and still shares those short but sweet glances with Eddie. He knew that was their reality, just them two being stupid and crazy. He couldn't take it anymore, he loved Eddie and he was going to show it tonight. They both knew that was the way it was supposed to be. Richie jumped down from his window and raced to his car. He hopped in, and started the car. He heard the familiar noise of the ignition, and drove to the smaller boy's house. He watched as all the lights went out in Derry, one by one until it was Eddie's house. He raced to the front door, and stopped when he stood on the porch. His arms were heavy, his heart was beating faster than any of the times he's ran to chase Eddie, and he was scared. What if Eddie didn't love him, what if he didn't make him happy? He gained the courage, and knocked on the door. He waited shortly, and luckily, Eddie opened the door. He looked at Richie in surprise and before he could say anything, Richie cupped his cheeks and smashed their lips together. It felt like a million butterflies were swarming in his stomach. Richie broke the kiss, and cut Eddie off and said "Eds, before you say anything, I want you to know I love you so much. It's been hard to just share glances all the time, I want to hold you, kiss you, cuddle you, and just be with you all the time. I love you so much and you mean the world to me." Eddie's face was bright red, and tears rimmed his caramel colored eyes. He sniffles and said "I love you too, Richie." Eddie kissed Richie's lips passionately and slowly one last time before he pulled Eddie out of his house and into his car. He buckled him into the passenger seat without a word and got in his seat. Eddie said "where are we going?" Richie smiled, and said "to our place." Eddie grew a light pink tint on his cheeks as all the memories floated back into his mind. Richie started to the car, and drove off. He looked at Eddie every couple minutes to make sure the boy was okay. He would see the small boy sound asleep, laying his head on the window. His heart fluttered remembering he finally found his true love. They finally made it after a while in the car, and Richie looked out the window, seeing the familiar swing set off on the right. He got out and opened Eddie's door. He startled the boy, but he quickly adjusted. Richie said "we're here, love." Richie grew soft for the boy over the years. He wasn't his usual trash mouth self anymore. Eddie yawned and nodded. They both got out and made their way to the swing set. Eddie and Richie each sat on a swing, remembering when they were younger how they would sit and talk for hours. How Eddie would rant about some stupid bullies at school, and how Richie would make stupid mom jokes. Sometimes it was serious and they would just sit on one swing together and just hug. And yes, eddie was that small. Richie said "I've missed you." Eddie looked up at the boy's eyes, and admired how Richie lost his glasses, but kept the same look as before. Dark chocolate curls, dotted freckles, and big plump lips. They were slightly chapped from the cold, but he didn't mind. Eddie replied "I've missed you too. I can't believe it's been this long." Richie let out a small chuckle, and said "yeah, it's been long since we've been here. I'm so glad that we're back though." Eddie nodded and frowned, remembering the last time they were here. Richie didn't mention why they stopped talking. Eddie and Richie fought over a stupid girl none of them ever got with anyways. It drove them apart. Richie noticed and said "what's wrong, darling?" Eddie just hugged and said "I-it's nothing." Richie said "come here, cutie." He patted his lap, and smiled. Eddie got up and cuddled into Richie's chest as he sat in his lap. Eddie said "I just remembered the last time we were here. Fighting about that stupid girl." Richie remembered, it hurt him too. He said "it's over now, and plus, now we have each other." Eddie smiled, and placed a sweet kiss to Richie's plump lips. His lips tasted of a sweet vanilla. Eddie and Richie talked, laughed, and looked at the fireflies for hours. It was finally time to get home, so Eddie said "let's get home." Richie nodded and they headed for the car. Once they both got in, Richie made sure Eddie was buckled up, and he drove off. Eddie noticed a different path, so he said "what way are we heading home?" Richie said "were taking the long way home." Eddie said "why?" Richie looked at the sweet boy and said "cause I don't wanna be wasting my time alone. I wanna get lost and drive forever with you, and talk about nothing, yeah, whatever baby, so we're taking the long way home, tonight." It's been a while, and they were now stuck in the middle of no where, and they both know they took their time to get there. They were hiding out in a dream, catching fire like kerosene. Eddie finally spoke and said "Richie, will you ever let me down?" Richie looked at his lover boy, and said "you know I'd never let you down, when the sun comes up we can own this town." It was almost make believe, something like a movie scene, but Richie would make sure it would happen. So they were taking the long way home. Eddie got used to the long road. The night sky was beautiful, and he definitely was loving it way more. They were hitting every red light, and kissing at all the stop signs. Green Day was playing on the radio. Richie turned off the headlights, and said "were just taking it slow, because were taking the long way home." They drove for a while more, and when they reached home, it was sunrise. Richie dropped off Eddie, and drove back home. Richie had a smile plastered onto his face the whole way to his home, and he even had the same smile when he plopped in bed, and let sleep take over his body. Richie and Eddie will never forget that moment, it was the day they finally declared their un-dying love for each other. It was truly special.

I hope you like it! It was based off of "long way home" by five seconds of summer. I wrote this for my beautiful wife, superseavey , because she loves five seconds of summer. Ily chris, and I love all of you! Thank you for reading!
-miri ❤️