twenty six ; 1

Richie's pov
After eddie got a boyfriend last year, my whole life changed. Its like my whole world was taken away from me, but oh wait...it was! Eddie was taken away from me! The precious little boy sitting on my lap as i played with his hair, the comforting smell of vanilla that made you just want to smell him all day, and the cute little tantrums he would have when i would leave bed after a sleepover. Sadly, all of that was as friends. Thats all he will ever be because he has another person to make him happy. Ive cut, gotten drunk, and done drugs to try and forget about the heartache he has caused me. The bad part is i still do all those things. Right now im walking to the local drugstore just to see those nasty people i hang out with, to get drugs. The warm winter jacket pressed against my body, the cool air kissing my face, and my shoes scraping the concrete as i walk. I finally made it, seeing the boys already started. The smoke hitting my face as i get closer. The smoke reminded me of the day i started, the day eddie and i had our first fight, and most likely our last. I remember the screams and tears.

(flashback)

I was sitting on my bed, as eddie was pacing around my room trying to figure out why i cut. Eddie finally stopped trying to take his hands in mine but i pulled away. His frown enlarged and a tear rolled down his cheek as he spoke. His voice was sad but sweet. "Richie why would you do this? You could talk to me!" I sniffled letting tears stream down my face like a river. I looked at my wrist and whispered "you dont get it" he said "what?" I said "you dont get it!" In a more harsh tone causing him to take a step back. I said "you dont get it and you never will! I cant tell you everything like i used to! You dont need me! Okay?! You dont! You have your fancy ass boyfriend to go fuck! Why dont you do that!?" His tears started to fall onto my lap as he said "richie please." I said "no! Just leave!" He stormed out, leaving me crying alone on my bed, wishing i could just be brave enough to tell him my feelings.

(flashback ended)

I took the nasty drug from his hands and placed it between my lips. I inhaled the smoke in my lungs, and blew it out. Missing the feeling, i inhaled it once more. As i looked inside i saw eddie. My heart hurt, i said "do you guys wanna get drunk?" One of them said "yeah, can ya go in and get some vodka?" I sighed and said "why mot you? I didnt bring the fake id." He rolled his eyes and said "i see it in your phone case." I looked down, and saw the id. I walked in, and tried to avoid him. As soon as i entered the alcohol aisle, i saw his boyfriend pass. I grabbed a couple of bottles and rushed towards the cash register. I bumped into a small figure, and i heard a squeal. I looked down to see eddie. He said "r-richie?" I quickly walked away and put all my stuff on the counter. The man said "id?" I showed it to him and he nodded. He said "so, what happened?" I said "just ran into an old friend i guess." He nodded and i left. But right before i did eddie stopped me. He said "why didnt you respond to me?! Ive been calling you! Ive been worried!" I let out a dry chuckle and said "really?! If you cared or was worried, you would try and stop me from doing everything i do, you would stay with me on those nights i needed you the most, but now you cant atop me." He said "yes i can! I can stop you!" I said "really? Watch me get drunk pretty boy." I screwed off the tap, and started to chug. I saw tears spilling from his eyes as i chugged a bottle one by one. He was hitting my chest screaming "stop! Richie please!" Burning in my stomach was the feeling of alcohol and sadness. I saw his boyfriend rip his hands from my chest trying to pull him away. Eddie said "get away alex! Please i need to help him!" Alex backed away, and right as i finished my last bottle, eddie knocked it out of my hands. I said "see eddie! You couldnt sto-" just as i was going to finish my sentence, everything turned black, and my head hit the concrete floor.

(time-skip)

I felt my eyes flutter open. My vision was blurry, but i saw a bright light above me. I rubbed my eyes, clearing up my vision. I saw the all-familiar drugstore sign above me. I sat up quickly looking around and i was alone. It was dark out, and blood was dripping from my head onto my shirt. Soon enough, as i got up, vomit projected from my mouth onto the floor. I cant believe eddie would have the nerve to sat he cared, but then leave me here, drunk and alone. I got up, my legs wobbled as i walked. Every couple minutes i would stumble over my legs and trip. I couldnt take it. I started to cry, wanting to sit down and just stay there. Sobs escaped my lips as i cried. I looked up and saw a small motel across the way. I got up managing to get over there. As soon as i did, i pulled out one-hundred dollars from my pocket, and placed it on the counter, not even caring to look at the desk women. I heard a familiar voice say "richie?" I looked up and saw bev. I smiled but it soon changed into a frown as i said "hey bev, can i get a room?" She said "rich, you dont need to pay, its okay. Are you okay?" I sniffled and said "im fine, and thanks." She smiled and said "no problem." She led me to a room, and whispered "goodnight richie." She closed the door, and as soon as she did, i laid on the bed, beginning to cry. I whispered "why doenst he love me?" And i feel asleep, just wanting to sleep forever.

Sorry i havent posted in a while! Thank you guys for 12k! It means a lot! Thank you for everything! Love you! Part two comes out tomorrow! Also, wish me luck! I have an essay due tomorrow which i havent started plus, math and more! Muah!
-Miri