fourty two ; 1

It has been five lovely years today that eddie and richie have been dating. tears have been shed, love has been spread, and richie wants to seal the deal. eddie has been saying how he's always wanted to do a lie detector test with richie because it would be fun. richie was getting dressed to meet the losers when eddie walked into his room. he was wearing one of richie's old sweaters and some red shorts. richie felt heat on his cheeks, and they were rosy red. he loved eddie with all his heart. "richie, where are you going?" said eddie with a big grin on his face. richie's heart raced as he lied "i'm going to go meet my uncle later today, i'll be back tomorrow with a surprise for you though!" eddie smiled a big toothy grin and wrapped his arms around richie's clothes chest. "thank you rich, you dont have to." "but i want to precious" richie pecked a kiss to eddies cheek and raced out of the house shouting "bye baby boy!" eddie chuckled to himself and shouted back "bye lover boy!".

richie was walking along the bank of the barrens waiting for the losers until he saw them all walking towards him. "hiya richie!" said bill. stan and the others waved. "so what's up? why'd we have to rush over here?" said stan with a confused but concerned expression. "i'm going to ask eddie to mary me tomorrow while we're doing lie detector tests. he's always wanted to do one so, i'll just ask him as one of my questions." they all tackled richie to the rough ground and squealed. "richie! omg! i can't believe it's finally happening!" squealed beverly. "can't wait for the wedding buddy!" said mike. richie then became worried and said "how do you know he'll be telling the truth?" they all got up, and stan face palmed. "what do you mean, it's a lie detector test. of course he'll be telling the truth!" he chuckled and said "you're an idiot i hope you know that." they all laughed except stan, who sighed heavily at how dumb his best friend was.

richie drive himself to a motel for the night so eddie didn't suspect anything. he walked in and asked for a single bed. the women at the front desk handed him a faded silver rusty key and smiled. richie room the key and walked to his room. he opened it up, seeing the bed undone and everything messy. richie rolled his eyes and shut the door. he undressed and got in bed. he wished badly to be with eddie. their bed was way more comfortable and eddie was in it. in this bed, he's alone and uncomfortable without a small boy in his arms. he dozed off as he thought of their wedding day; how beautiful and unforgettable
(hint to the next book i'm writing ;) ;) ur welcome) it was going to be.

the next morning richie shot out of bed with excitement. he got dressed and turned in his key. he raced out of the motel to a store called "jerry's customized rings". richie walked in and saw a man behind the counter. he shot me a smile and said "hello sir, how could i help you today?" richie placed a piece of wood on the counter and said "can you please make this into a ring?" the man looked at him with a confused expression and said "of course, but...why this random piece of wood?" "well, me and my boyfriend kind of had a treehouse when we were younger. i asked him out when we were 13 and two years later on that same tree i said i loved him. they tore it down, but i managed so save a piece. i'm now going to ask him to marry me, with that piece of wood but as a ring." the man awed and said "that's beautiful! my husband and i got married 3 years ago, and i did something similar. he loved crystals, and i transformed his favorite into our wedding ring." richie smiled and said "that's so cool! thank you."
the man nodded and took the wood. richie sat on a seat for 2 hours until the man called him over, and handed him a shiny wooden ring with carved heart. richie smiled and thought, it's perfect. "thank you! how much?" the man smiled and said "on the house, have a nice day." "thank you so much! i really appreciate it!" richie left the store with a grin on his face. he was ready to ask eddie to be with him for the rest of his life.

PART TWO TOMORROW! ILY!!
-miri ❤️