Chapter 1: Honey I'm Home!

A/N I own only the characters that I put into the story, none of the others are mine :L

All from Violet's POV unless I change it (Violet is on the side and front cover) :)

This was going to be good.

I haven't seen Caroline or Mystic Falls for nearly my whole life and now I'm back.

Since moving away with my dad when I was two, I've had no connection with my family whatsoever and when he left and died, I'd lived with family friends.

But I wanted to go home. I missed them I guess...

I motioned my way around the house, looking at every detail of my Mom and my sister.

Thinking about my entrance I thought of going for old school mastermind kind. Office chair maybe? Do they have a chair that spins?

It was like 5 in the morning my Mom was already at work and Caroline was out. When I came in she wasn't home, so I'm curious as to why she's up so early. School doesn't start until like 8.

The only reason I came back was because I wanted to see them again. My Dad had died nearly a year ago now so I wanted to come back.

Ah, my eye caught an office chair in the corner of the room. Perfect.

I plopped my petite figure onto the chair and smiled to myself. I wonder If they'll know its me. Well it has been pretty much 14 years since they'd seen me.

I remember my dad saying something about sending pictures of me to them before he died every so often but I have changed since the last one he sent.

Like the fact my once shoulder length bright blonde hair was now a mix of pastel colours and came to my waist. I guess you could say I was expressive of my personality.

I don't really care what most people think about me so I do what I want most of the time.

I was pretty short and thin so I was seen as the usual teenage girl really.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a key sliding into the front door. My time to shine.

I silently tucked my legs onto the chair so I couldn't be seen from behind and waited for someone to come in.

"Breaking into the sheriff's house. Very clever." I heard a woman's voice shout out, obviously knowing I was there. I spun the chair around and was met with a girl with blond hair in lose curls that hung just past her shoulders.

"Wha... V?" She spoke out, making me smile and cock my head to the side.

"Hey Care." I replied, I stood up off the chair, letting my baggy top flow around my waist and cover over my shorts.

"What are you doing here?" Caroline gasped.

"I'm back in town, I'm guessing I still live here considering my room's still there." I smiled, thinking about how much she was freaking out inside right now.

"So you're here to stay?" She questioned, stepping forward. I nodded my head and was immediately enveloped in a bone crushing hug. Ah, there's the Caroline I remember.

"So why were you up so early?" I asked as she let me go.

"Oh I had to go to the grill and sort something out before school."

Ah, the grill. I had a few fond memories of that place when I was a kid

"Ah right, well I'm going out." I said, going to grab my bag from off the floor. She raised her eyebrows at me and folded her arms.