Chapter 5: This May be A Ball But I'm Not Having A Ball

Music chimed in my ears and the sound of laughter filled the room as Caroline and I entered the Mikaelson mansion, arm in arm.

My eyes scanned through the various coloured dresses and suits to find anyone I recognised but came to no avail.

Caroline seemed to spot someone and she dragged me over to where Stefan was standing. He walked away as he hadn't seen us and Caroline detached from me to chase after him.

I wasn't alone 2 seconds before an arm snaked around my waist and pulled me into a hard body.

"You look lovely tonight Violet." Kol whispered in my ear which caused me to suppress a shiver. He knew it made me shiver whenever he whispered in my ear but he still done it anyway.

I didn't bother fighting out of Kol's hold because he was too strong for me so I closed my eyes and sighed deeply.

"Hi Kol. Gonna bite me again?" I said with a certain spitefulness in my tongue. He spun me around in his arms and kept them firmly in place.

My face was inches away from his and I could feel his soft breath hitting my cheeks.

"Come on love, Elijah already told you my reasons. I don't like sharing you with anyone, especially my brother." Kol replied, gently rubbing circles on my back where the fabric was sheer on my dress so I could really feel it.

"All we did is talk! We share a mutual interest."

"Yea, you love a good paint. But I don't like him so you are to stay away." Kol instructed.

"You cant compel anymore Kol, I drink vervain now." I gave him a cold stare "It's my life. We don't go out anymore."

By this time I had wriggled out of his grasp and slowly stepped away from him. I was lying about the vervain, Caroline said it wouldn't be until tomorrow until she could get some for me.

"Stop controlling me, it will only make me hate you more."

And with that, I turned on my heel and stalked away. The words 'Bad Mood' were slowly creeping up on me and I had only just arrived to this stupid party.

A waiter walked passed me holding champagne flutes so I quickly grabbed one and weaved my way through the many people until I found a room that had no occupants.

It was coincidentally the art room which made me happy as I could enjoy Klaus' artwork without being disturbed.

I was in my own little world as I examined all the paintings, running my fingers over the fine detail and imagining what it must have felt like being in that place.

Every so often I would sip at the champagne glass and welcomed the bubbling fizz that flowed down my throat.

Like I had done the other week, I circled around all the paintings until I came to the partially covered canvas from before.

It still had pencil lines etched into it but there was more detail than there was before of the girl on the canvas.

Her clothes were drawn, she was wearing a baggy top and shorts and there was slightly more detail in the long hair that cascaded down her shoulders.

As I was in my own little world, I didn't realize that someone had joined me until their voice erupted in the room.

"Lost?"

I gasped from the shock and spun around to find Klaus standing where I started with an amused expression on his face.

"No, just bored. I hope you don't mind." I answered casually, turning back the canvas and sipping at my drink some more.