Chapter 48: Are You FREAKING Kidding Me?!

"Please... No more." An exasperated cry was strangled from Valentina as Klaus rammed another stake into her stomach.

"Why should I? I'm having fun." He grinned sadistically, twisting the wood around so more cries sounded in the room.

This had been going on for about 2 hours now. Valentina had blood smeared all over her top and face, her hair hung grim over her back.

To his pleasure, Klaus loved it when she screamed for him to stop. When it was Violet he was torturing, he had problems with it. But as he had no compassion for Valentina whatsoever, he had no problem causing her immense pain.

"You want to know why?" She screamed and Klaus stopped moving "Why I lead you on and went for Kol?"

Klaus attention was peaked. She hadn't said anything like this for the past three days that she had been tied up.

She was finally breaking.

The doppelgänger let out a heavy sigh before looking him dead in the eye "I was scared of you."

"I heard news of the 'Original Hybrid' coming into town right after you were declared to marry me. Instantly my guard was up. Of course I knew that you and your siblings were vampires but I didnt do anything about it. Kol.... Helped me. He gave me your mothers grimoire to learn from."

"So thats what happened to mothers grimoire." Klaus countered with a smirk "Luckily Elijah managed to get hold of it."

Valentina awaited some sort of pain from Klaus but was confused when his laughter filled the room.

"So that's it?" She asked "No immense pain or shouting?"

"Of course not, I don't need too." He grinned, leaving the room without a second look.

Klaus walked with victory in his step, grinning as he did so.

It was only when something caught his eye that made him pause.

Directly in front of him was a mirror and directly behind him was a girl.

A familiar girl to be exact, it was only until Klaus spun around that he realized it was actually Violet.

She looked like a ghost with the way her skin glowed almost white. Klaus blinked as if no believing what he was seeing but when he did this, she was gone.

Contemplating if he was going insane or not, her quickly disappeared from the mirror and appeared in his bedroom, his guard firmly up.

"Spooked?"

Klaus internally jumped out of his skin at the voice but calmed when he knew who it was.

"Caroline." He turned around with a smirk "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Why is Valentina tied up in your cellar?" She inquired, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Why not?" The hybrid retorted, grinning at her.

"You don't need to keep her locked up-"

"Oh but I do. You see, I've worked this out." Klaus let his hands go behind his back as he slowly stepped towards Caroline.

"Violet can only come back if Valentina is either dead or a human. But of course, being the kind and selfless girl that she is, Violet just wants her dear doppelgänger to be human." He shook his head slightly "But, this means that Violet will have to be a vampire... And you know how that went last time."

Caroline couldn't help but internally agree with him. She knew that Violet would hate being a vampire again.

"So what? You're going to kill Valentina? My sister won't ever forgive you for going against her word." She said, giving him a stern look.