Chapter 33: Everything's Better When You're Drunk!

Important A/N at the end!

I actually managed to wake up of my own accord this morning. I don't know why but I seemed miserable.

Nothing bad has happened recently but today was apparently a down day for me. It had been a month since Valentina and I began our 'deal'.

She's already moved into town but no one else knows that apart from Alex, Damien and I.

Damien was reluctant at first about keeping it a secret but after Valentina threatened him, he was more cooperative.

Even though it was a horrendously good day, I decided to go out and do painting anyway. I really didn't like the sun. When I was a human I didn't like it but now I'm a vampire... My hate for it has been magnified.

Packing up my painting things, I glanced over to my phone to find I had a missed call. How? I had been up for ages?

It says I received it an hour ago... Oh, I was out uh... 'getting food' an hour ago. I played the voice mail that was left:

"Heeeeeeeey Violet! I'm coming home soon! Maybe in a day or so? I don't know- I told you before, you aren't leaving!" Another male voice cut in and I raised my eyebrows.

"Shut up! Anyway, I may be bringing my friend along- You better be! - So I'll see you lat-" The call cut out with the sound of crashing and Taylor going 'ow'.

Finally! He's coming back, I've been waiting for ages for him to return to Mystic Falls. Now I wont be alone at the grill when I need to complain to someone.

That's kind of made my mood happier but I still felt down in the dumps. I finished gathering my paint things and left the house.

Now was the hard choice... Where to paint? I wasn't feeling the woods today and I definitely wasn't going in public to do it.

Wickery bridge maybe? That's fairly decent and not many people go past here unless they're in a car.

Ok, I'll go to Wickery bridge.

Thankfully, I actually remembered the way to the bridge and luckily there were no people around. I set up my canvas and pencils and got to work.

Considering how bright the sun was shining, it cast a nice affect over the bridge. I guess the sun wins this time...

I had my headphones plugged in so I couldn't really hear anything apart from my music.

I must have been at least 20 minutes into it when a hand tapped my shoulder and I leaped out of my skin. Thank God I wasn't drawing when they done that.

I spun around whilst ripping my headphones and was about to shout at whoever it was but I calmed when Elena stood behind me with her hands raised.

"Woah Violet, its just me." She laughed and I relaxed. She looked normal with her straight brown hair overlapping her shoulders and a casual outfit.

"Sorry, you surprised me." I laughed with her, setting my pencils down. I glanced to my picture at back to me.

"That's really good, did Klaus teach you?" She asked and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Uh no, I taught myself." I said with a questioning look "What makes you think Klaus taught me?"

"Oh, well you're always at the mansion so I thought that it may be something you were doing."

"Well, to be honest, most of the times that I would be around there I was kidnapped against my own will." I explained and her mouth formed an 'o' shape.