Chapter 50: The Last Dance

"WHAT TEAM!?" I shouted from my room whilst sitting up abruptly in my bed. About two seconds later, Mae arose from beside me and shouted back "WILDCATS!"

Yes, this is how we usually woke up in the mornings... Caroline hated it, as did Mom.

"Stop!" Came an annoyed voice from Caroline's room to which Mae and I grinned at. It was the night of our birthday party and I would even admit to say that I was excited.

To my displeasure though, Elena and Bonnie had been invited. I seriously don't know why Caroline said they could come considering it was my birthday party and I didn't like them.

"Did you get your outfit for the party the other day?" I asked Mae as she stretched and left the bed. I, of course, planned on staying in bed for another hour or so since it was around 9 in the morning.

"Yep. Caroline made me try on at least 50 dresses." She groaned, her face showing that she was reliving the memory.

It instantly reminded me of when we had to go shopping go the Mikaelson ball.

Ah, old times.

"What colour is it?"

"Purple."

"Cool." I commented, the only reason I asked this is because I didn't want to clash with hers.

To be honest, I had no idea what I was going to wear. I was tempted to wear skinny jeans and a top just to make Caroline mad but she's worked hard on this so I wouldn't do that to her.

"Oh, we got you a dress too." Mae said from the bathroom. Did she read my thoughts or something?

"Where is it?"

"Wardrobe." She replied in a 'duh' tone. I rolled my eyes and reluctantly dragged myself out of bed.

When I got to my wardrobe, I saw a purple dress which was obviously Mae's and behind it was what I guessed was mine.

It was a deep blue colour with black lace at the top with a black belt around the middle. It was also one of those dresses that was longer at the back and shorter at the front which is the type that I absolutely loved.

Mae's was sort of similar with the black belt but her had long sleeves which were a see-through type fabric with a pattern on it. Unlike mine as well, hers was even around the bottom which would stop around mid-thigh.

I heard the shower turn on and I let out an annoyed noise. I was going to have a shower. Trust me, living with a sibling isn't as fun as you think it is.

Instead of just sitting and waiting for her, I decided to go and get breakfast. From what I could tell, Mom was already out at work and Caroline was still in bed.

It's a Saturday, of course Care would be in bed.

I made some pancakes and coated them in chocolate spread before promptly eating all 7 of them. Yes, I love pancakes.

The shower cut out from in my room after I was done eating and I was about to go but my phone went off, signalling someone was calling me.

Well, I knew who was calling as everyone in my contacts has a separate ring tone. I let the Star Wars theme tune play for a few more seconds before answering the call.

"Hyelloh." I greeted, grinning.

"Love, how are you today then?" Klaus voice sounded through the phone and I laughed.

"I'm brilliant, why do you ask?"

"You have to go to a party tonight. I thought you would be dreading it."