Chapter 19: The Other Side?

I was awake. Wait... Was I?

I was standing up though? And I was still in the hotel room as I recognized the decor in the room.

I froze as my eyes landed on a figure on the bed. Only the figure was me.

It looked like I was sleeping but I was stiff and really pale. What was going on?

The sound of a glass being placed onto a table distracted me from my own body and to the lounge area.

I could see the back of Klaus' head from the chair he was sitting in.

I made my way over so I was standing in front of him

"Hey." I spoke but it was weird, he didn't even flinch at my voice, like he couldn't hear me.

"He cant hear you." A new voice spoke and I instantly looked around to who it was.

It was a woman who looked to be in her mid twenties, long red hair cascaded over her shoulders. Her lips were painted crimson and she wore a long black dress.

"Who are you?" I asked, taking a few steps towards her.

"Come on dear, you should know that." The woman looked me directly in the eye and then I knew who it was. It was Rosemary.

I guessed this was what she looked like before she started ageing. Or when Klaus 'killed' her the first time.

"Rosemary."

"Yes dear." She offered a warm smile which was genuinely nice to see.

"Why did you do it?" I asked, referring to the whole body invasion.

"Because I wanted revenge in Niklaus for what he done to me... As you can see, it didn't exactly work to well. I let my feelings get in the way." Rosemary sighed, her eyes looking past me and to Klaus who was still just sitting there.

"But where am I? I mean, I'm over there in the bed but I'm also here." I was confused right now, more confused then I think I've ever been.

"You're on the other side dear. You're dead."

My breath caught in my throat and my eyes widened. I was... Dead?

"Don't worry, its temporary," Rosemary explained "You'll wake up soon."

"But how? I thought you said that if my body died then I would come back to life."

"There were... complications." Rosemary paused before continuing.

"Of course, Niklaus didn't believe me when I told him that, so he decided he would feed your body blood so if I was lying, which I wasn't, you would come back a vampire."

I went to cut in but she stopped me.

"Now, because he done this, the magic that was holding me in your body vanished. That was another was of expelling me from your body but we never say about it. This spell is used to taunt people so they would actually believe they would have to kill the person to get them back. But the thing is, with the blood in your system. I was gone. He snapped your neck so now, when you wake up... You'll be in transition." Rosemary finished with a sad smile, as if she generally felt sorry for me.

"There must be a way, that I don't become a vampire." I cried out. Not being rude, but being a vampire would totally suck.

Pun not intended.

"I'm sorry dear, its the process. The only way to not be a vampire is to not go through with the transition which means you will die."

I was about start crying and scream that I couldn't be a vampire but something was happening.