Chapter 20: *Music Plays* Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

"Kol. Can we not do this now?" I groaned, knowing exactly what he was going to say.

"Aw, but its been so long." Kol pouted, shoving his hands in his trouser pockets and casually strolling towards me.

There was a hole in his shirt with a little bit of blood around it from where he was daggered. My eyes flickered to that spot and back to his face

"Yes, Rebekah decided I had been sleeping for long enough." Kol sighed, he looked over my shoulder and I followed his gaze. Rebekah was lying on the floor with the dagger in her heart.

Her body was all veiny and grey.

"You daggered her?" I gasped, narrowing my eyes as I turned back to him.

"What can I say? I was a tad annoyed when I woke up." Kol turned his head back over to Klaus still body "I would have used it on my brother here but as it doesn't work on him, I settled with Bekah."

"You're an arse do you know that?" I muttered, shaking my head at his ignorance.

Kol was being ridiculous... Which was kind of sexy.

I seemed to be having a war inside my head deciding on whether or not to forgive him considering I would be dead soon.

"Yes I am." Kol grinned, he was right in front of me now.

"What do you want Kol? You wanted me here for a reason so what is it?" I sighed, getting to the point.

"What? You don't think I'm nice enough to just invite my girlfriend-"

"I'm not your girlfriend."

"-around my house for the day?" Kol ignored my comment and finished with an innocent face.

I gave him a blank face.

"I'm just not in the mood for you Kol."

Kol expression turned a little bit more serious when he was my face and how serious I looked.

"Why? What happened?" Kol asked, becoming more serious at my now nervous expression.

Damn it! I shouldn't have said anything!

I mentally kicked myself before I lied "I uh, have to leave town."

"Great, I'll come with." Kol said with a grin.

"No Kol. I'm leaving alone and I'm not coming back."

I held my expression so I didn't break at any time. It seemed weird. After all of this, all of the crap that we went through and he still cares.

Kol's face stayed the same, his hand reached up to my cheek but I backed away.

"What's going on?" He asked, his voice becoming serious.

"Nothing. I just... need some space." I turned my back on him and looked back over to Rebekah. I wondered where Elijah was right now considering he would stop Kol from what he was doing.

"Tell me whats going on." Kol ordered, appearing in front of me again.

I needed to think of a good lie, something he would believe.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Klaus still slumped on the floor. That's when it popped into my head.

"Klaus is gonna kill me," I started "I had Elena killed and now she's a vampire. He cant make anymore Hybrids."

"Klaus loves you. He wouldn't kill you." Kol argued. I felt angry about the fact he had say that Klaus loved me.

"You don't understand Kol! Elena is a vampire! It's my fault, I cant stay here knowing that I did that to her-"