Chapter 44: Totally Not Gnarly Dude.

A massive breath ran through me and I gasped, attempting to sit up but I couldn't. It was like my body was frozen.

My eyes frantically scanned where I was but I didn't have a clue. What was weird though is that I didn't feel... Alive.

This place looked and felt like death. It was bright though, so I was pretty limited to what I could see.

I lifted my head up to look at my body and panic rushed through me as restraints were buckled over my arms and legs and one across my chest.

So that's why I couldn't get up. Footsteps sounded from above my head so I couldn't look around and see who it was.

"There's no need to struggle my dear, you are quite safe here." A woman's voice said smoothly, her presence moving closer towards me.

"Who are you?" I gulped,wriggling my hands around in the restraints so I could get out but it was no use.

"My name is Esther." She replied, appearing by my side so now I could see her. She was tall with ash brown hair, her manor was rather frightening as she watched me with beady eyes.

Esther... I recognized that name from somewhere.

"I see its only fitting that you meet the mother of my sons. Since you have shared romantic relations with two of them."

That's when it snapped in my head. Esther was Klaus' mother. She was the Original witch.

Kind of awkward now.

"Why am I here? I'm pretty sure its not 'family bonding'." I commented and she smiled a tiny bit.

"I need you to do something for me."

"When you say 'do something for me', am I going to have a choice?"

She shook her heard and I groaned. I had no idea what she would ask me to do though, I'm not really informed about the whole Mikaelson history.

"When you leave this place, you will only remember my instructions which you will then carry out. My children are an abomination on this Earth, as are the vampires they have created. I have attempted to kill of their blood lines but as you can most probably tell, I didn't succeed-"

"Excuse me? You want to kill your own children?" I interrupted with an incredulous look. She didn't even bother replying, just drew out a knife from her pocket.

My eyes widened as she came closer to the table with it.

"You made my sons better people. I only wished you were there beforehand to set them right so they would not kill as much." She said, bringing something out of her other pocket.

I knotted my eyebrows together to think about that's it was.

I had no idea what it was.

It was small, black, about the size of a pen lid. Maybe it was a pen lid?

She wasn't that evil was she?

"What is that?"

"This is a rare piece of voodoo magic. It gives me the power I control you." She replied, her voice not giving out any emotion.

"A-and how does it work?" I stuttered, not liking where this was going as she had now cut open a hole in my red dress so my stomach was exposed.

Klaus, if you can see this, sorry about the dress.

Esther raised the dagger once again, only this time, she drew it along my stomach, cutting my body open.