Chapter 46: Well Would You Look At That!

"Caroline you cant stay in there forever." Stefan called through the Forbes' front door.

It had been a week since Violet's death and Caroline hadn't taken it well. She didn't even tell her Mom.

She just couldn't handle it. Inside, she just hoped and hoped that her sister wouldn't be dead.

The blonde vampire just buried her head into her pillow even more as Stefan failed to leave her alone.

"Everyone's worried about you." Stefan sighed, resting his head against the glass of the door "You have to come out soon. You have to feed."

She only just realized the hunger growling in her stomach and her jaws started to ache.

Taking a deep breath, she finally pulled herself out of her bed and rubbed the dry tears out of her eyes.

A small smile made its way onto Stefan's face as he saw his friend take slow steps to the door, despite how groggy she looked.

As Caroline opened the door, the Salvatore held up a blood bag. A small sigh passed through the girl as she took the bag and let Stefan in.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, lightly biting into the bag and welcoming the sudden rush of relief as she drank.

Stefan narrowed his eyes "There's nothing to be sorry for. You're grieving, it's to be expected."

"But I haven't even told my Mom." She croaked out, throwing the bag into a nearby bin as she had finished.

"You didn't tell her?"

"I... Can't." She sighed again "Violet was her baby girl. It will tear her to pieces."

Sagging her shoulders, Caroline huffed down on the sofa and curled her legs into her just.

"You're going to have to tell her sooner rather than later." Stefan advised, crouching in front of her and placing a hand on her shoulder.

Since Caroline was all cried out from the past week, no tears could escape her eyes at the thought of telling her Mom.

-

Across town on the other hand, the mood was much more dark and dismal.

In the darkness of his own room, Klaus began to light candles which were placed on a small table he had moved into his room. A bowl sat in the middle of the table which held various herbs and potions.

Knowing he was most likely going to regret this, he brought the steaming bowl to his lips and drank the mixture.

It wasn't the nicest taste he had ever consumed but knowing what the outcome would be, he didn't care.

Once all the concoction was gone, he placed the bowl down and waited a moment before turning around.

And there she stood.

Her hair its natural light blonde colour which finished around her shoulders. Lightly tanned skin and sparkling brown eyes, full of life.

"Can a girl not get one week of peace." She joked, her soft laughter filling the air. Just hearing her voice sent shivers down Klaus' spine.

"You're in Mystic Falls love, no one stays fully dead for long." Klaus smirked, walking so he was in front of her.

Violet looked up to him, she internally winced seeing the pain in his eyes.

"This isn't gonna do you good Klaus." She said, gesturing to herself "You have to let go before this becomes a reoccurring thing."

Klaus sighed heavily, closing his eyes and slowly opening them again. He went to talk but was cut off.