Chapter 32: Frenemies?

"Hello Violet. I see you're early."

I jumped from where I sat on the rock to see Valentina standing away from me with her hand on her hip. A smirk was plastered on her lips with her long brown hair framing her face.

I still couldn't get use to it. She was exactly the same as me.

"Yes, I'm early. I had nothing to do." I muttered, my gaze going back to where it was before, staring intently at my ring.

"Really?" I sensed her moving in the corner of my eye "Is that really why you came here early?"

I stayed silent and continued to fiddle with the silver band on my finger.

"I wasn't born yesterday Violet. Let me guess, you were planning to kill me."

"No actually." I snapped my head up to see her expression. She looked as if she wanted me to say that I was planning.

"Why did you call me here Valentina?" I sighed, wanting to skip to the point. I stood up and brushed down my clothes.

"I just want a chat, is that too much to ask?" She let a sly grin creep up on her face and shook my head.

"Really? So what do you want to talk about, hm? How you slept with my boyfriend, how you... Attacked Damien--"

"Ah so you are buddies with Damien. I thought you were." She said, walking up to me so she was right in front of me.

Her hand reached up and twiddled a piece of my between her fingertips.

"I like the hair. Very... pow like."

I slapped her hand away and rolled my eyes "You said you wanted to talk yet you're avoiding what I'm saying."

"Sorry that I slept with your boyfriend, ok? He talked to me like I was you and if he found out that I was... Well, me, he probably would've killed me," She started picking at her nails "I done what was necessary."

"So if I had to sleep with Alex 'because it was necessary' what would you do about that?" I asked and her expression showed it all.

"Well I would kill you, obviously." She answered in a 'duh' tone. It sounded weird hearing myself talk like that, I never actually realized how weird it was.

"Good, so you know how I feel right now."

I was loosing my patience with her right now. She wasn't explaining why she wanted to talk to me and to be honest it was annoying the hell out of m--

"Look I brought you here to call a truce." Valentina stated and I stopped mid thought. A truce? Excuse me?

"Right, I totally believe you." I muttered sarcastically, crossing my arms over my chest.

"It's true. I stay out of your way and not cause trouble and you don't tell Klaus and Kol that I'm coming back to town." She bargained and I scoffed.

"What? After you trick my Mom to enter my house and the fact that you can use my identity against me." I growled, my annoyance levels rising once again.

"I'm sorry about that ok?" She let out a frustrated growl "And I'll just have to dye my hair when you dye yours."

"Really? So you're going to dye your hair bright pink?" I countered, raising an eyebrow. She looked down to the floor and shuffled on the spot.

"Yes." She mumbled under her breath. I laughed again, shaking my head slightly.

"What's in it for you?" She went to cut me off but I continued "Not the whole protection thing from Klaus and Kol. There's more isn't there."