Chapter 29: Dead twins.

*Flashback 1746- Klaus' POV*

It had been a year since we arrived in Venice and I was ashamed to say that I had fallen in love with Valentina.

I have no idea what this girl had done to me, it was like I was under a spell. Never in my years of living had I felt this way about a girl before. More then that, a human girl.

Right now, she was out with Bekah dress shopping for the weddings. Something inside me was actually excited to marry her and I didn't know why.

I could see Kol getting angrier and angrier with being placed with Valerie but recently he had been more relaxed about it and I didn't understand.

Elijah, being the gentleman that he is, had arranged everything whilst we have been here. We no longer lived in the Roseletti's household, but in our own mansion.

Making my way to the main room of the mansion I went to set my plan in motion.

You see, one cannot simply marry a vampire and not become one themselves. If Valentina were to stay with us forever, so would have to become a vampire.

I had bought a bottle of red wine and emptied half of it out so I could insert my blood into it.

Very simple of me but that's the good part. Kol knows that I'm going to do this so if I do something simple like this, he wont suspect it.

I opened the bottle and made sure no people were around to see as I bit into my wrist and let the blood trickle into the bottle.

When it was full to the brim, I resealed it and shook it about so it would mix with the wine.

So tonight, I would give Valentina the wine which she will drink and I will then turn her. Easy really.

For the rest of the day, I had to order servants around so they could set up for the wedding. Kol managed to get out of it by having his suit 'tailored' but I was certain he had that done that the other day.

I had to go out and see to the horses when I heard familiar giggling from back inside the house.

I paused as I knew exactly who it was and also a male voice followed.

I used my speed to appear upstairs and I made no noise whatsoever. The voices were coming from Kol's bedroom. I knew he wasn't going out.

I listened closely to their conversation.

"I cant stay long, Niklaus will be here soon."

"I don't care about Klaus. I want you to stay."

"I care about Niklaus because I'm the one who's marrying him." Valentina's voice said sternly and I felt my heart drop.

He knew his feelings were too good to be true. All this time he thought she loved him when really... It was all a lie.

How could I not see through her facade? All this time she was playing a game between each of them.

This was why he never let his guard down to women. He would only get hurt in the end.

No wonder Kol had been feeling better these past few weeks. He had been with Valentina.

The heart ache that had fallen in my stomach suddenly rippled into anger.

She had treated me like a fool.

More giggling erupted from the room but I had heard enough. I vanished and appeared in the forest that was nearby.