Chapter 39: Life's A Bitch. Deal With It

"Really Caroline? A party?" I questioned as my sister manically ran around the Salvatore boarding house setting up.

"Everyone is so glum recently, so, a party is in need." She replied whilst setting out a drinks table.

How Stefan and Damon agreed to this I have no idea. They were out right now so it was just Caroline and I in the boarding house.

"Yea, well some of us are glum for a reason." I commented, crossing my arms and leaning against the frame of the door and raising an eyebrow.

Caroline gave me a disapproving look but she knew what I was talking about. It had been a couple of days since the whole argument with Elena and Bonnie and ever since then I had been giving them the cold shoulder.

Well, I hadn't actually left my house since then because I had programs to catch up on but its the point that counts.

"They wont be there tonight will they?" I moaned and I moaned even louder when Caroline nodded her head.

"And just like that I'm not going." I muttered under my breath but of course with Care being a vampire, she heard and appeared in front of me.

"Oh no you don't. You are coming to this party. Get out of the house and be social for once."

"I'm always out the house!"

"You've been stuck in there for two days only coming out of your room for food and drink. You have not been social." Caroline argued, placing a hand on her hip.

I pouted my lips and finally gave in "Fine, but if they so much as talk to me, I'm leaving."

She reluctantly agreed and let me go home whilst she continued to prepare.

I will admit, one thing I would probably miss about being a vampire was the super speed. It kills me to walk around places these days. I couldn't drive so I couldn't use Caroline's car.

Thinking about that... I really should learn to drive... I remember my Dad was going to teach me but since he was out of town so much, he never got round to it before he died.

I fancied a drink at the grill so I made my way there instead of going home. That and my Mom was home today and she would more then likely want some 'mother-daughter' bonding time.

No thank you.

I spotted a guy at the bar who gave me the strangest feeling of Deja vu when I saw him look this way. Deciding to talk to him, I made my way to the bar.

"Do I know you?" I questioned as I sat down beside him. He gave me a weird look.

"Are you retarded Violet? It's Damien you idiot."

"Uh, sorry if I offended you, I just lost my recent memories so I don't know who you are." I answered, slightly upset with his attitude.

"Ah, so that's what you were up to on your trip with Valentina. That sucks. You want a drink?" He said in a completely different tone than before.

"Uh, I'm underage." I laughed.

"And I'm a vampire." He smirked, ordering the bartender over and compelling him to make me a bourbon.

"Thanks," I laughed, taking the drink and having a sip "So how well do I know you then?"

"Well, we officially met when I put vervain in your drink from when you were a vampire, then we had a mutual friend who is coincidentally Valentina's boyfriend. Then you turned off your emotions, got drunk and slept with me and ever since then we've shared a phone call or two." He explained, all with the same expression.