Chapter 36: Well THAT Was Unexpected.

"Look, are you sure you're ok? You woke up with a start this morning" Valentina asked from beside me but I sushed her.

"I'm fine. Just a bad dream." I replied as I looked out the window of the fast moving car. We had left Chicago this morning and now we were on the way to Vegas, yes, that far, to find some answers.

Valentina was talking about some group that she knew who had recently moved up there, travellers I think they were called.

I don't know, I haven't been told much but all I was right now was confused.

I was part witch and part vampire but I didn't know how... Maybe the spell stopped whilst I was being changed?

Oh well, I felt sorry for Valentina though. She really wanted to be human again but now she was stuck as a vampire.

Suddenly, a phone started ringing and a guilty look spread across Valentina's face. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around to see a phone sticking out of her jacket pocket.

"So you threw away my phone and kept yours?" I asked angrily whilst snatching the phone out of her pocket and pressing the answer button.

Valentina went to protest but I had already pushed it up to my ear.

"Hello, you have reached someone who is too much of a bitch to answer. Can I take a message?" I said, emphasizing on my insult.

"Wow, you really don't like her do you?" Came a familiar voice with a small laugh at the end.

"Oh, hey Damien."

"So, whats the bitch done to you?"

"She threw my phone away and kept hers. That and she's kidnapped me." I gave Valentina a glare as she continued driving.

"You have more contacts than m--"

"Shh." I snapped to her, cutting off her sentence.

"Ah yes, I heard she took you. Everyone's frantic back in town."

"And by frantic you mean..." I sighed.

"Lets just say the sooner you get back, the better."

"Well that's reassuring." Muttered Valentina.

"Are you there now?" I asked, ignoring her comment.

"Yea, I've had several people attack me then asking of your whereabouts. Like I care."

I snorted slightly "Thanks for the support Damien."

"Anytime."

And with that he killed the call. I chucked Valentina's phone onto the backseat and placed my feet up onto the dashboard.

"Get your feet off my car!" She shouted but I held my hand up.

"Sorry, I cant hear you over the sound of MY PHONE CRACKING!" I shouted in reply, keeping my feet where they were. That shut her up.

I'm pretty sure that if people were watching us they would think that we were ordinary twin sisters, arguing and messing around.

When the reality is that we dislike each other quite a lot and she slept with my boyfriend and pretty much ruined my life.

But other than that it was all puppies and rainbows.

After what seemed hours driving, we made it to Vegas and I was officially exhausted. I hated travelling too much, it would always make me feel ill but since becoming a vampire I wouldn't feel ill.