Chapter 2: Get Your Fangs Away From Me

"I need more dreams! And less life. I need that dark, in a little more light"

I groaned loudly as my alarm went off. Not that my alarm is Fall Out Boy, but the fact that I have an alarm.

I pressed the snooze button and let myself have around another 30 minutes of sleep until my alarm went off again. This time I got up and turned it off.

From what I could tell, Caroline was already out to school and mom was at work so I was in the house by myself.

Considering I was still hungry from last night I stretched my way down the hall to the kitchen and pulled out the cookie dough ice cream from the freezer.

I know its terribly unhealthy but I have this thing where whenever I get upset or depressed about something then I restrict my food intake to barely anything.

I dont know why since I'm already a pretty thin person, so, I have to have fatty foods sometimes to boost my body weight.

My dad wanted me to go to a doctor about it but that was soon before he died so I never got round to it. I really did miss my dad. Even though he could drive me crazy sometimes, I really did love him.

I plugged my phone into the speakers and blasted music throughout the house whilst I ate and got dressed into some clothes.

It was a bit colder than it was yesterday so I opted for some purple skinny jeans and an over sized grey sweater with my black ballet pumps.

My hair had decided it didn't want to cooperate with me so I tied it in a loose bun with some strand falling either side of my face.

I moaned out loud once again as I was my roots coming through.

One of the down sides of having dyed hair.

Luckily I had bought a crap ton of hair dye with me so I could re-do it.

I decided against bringing my camera as I nearly dropped it when I was walking home. I am literally the clumsiest person ever. I think I get it from Caroline.

I thought I'd pop by the grill to by a hot chocolate so I gathered my purse and phone and headed out.

I got to the grill and sat up at the bar. Luckily it was the guy from last night who was serving.

"Not you again. I'm not serving you alcohol." He sighed as he wiped down some glasses.

"I didn't ask for alcohol Matt, just a hot chocolate please." I laughed and got out the right change for it.

"So you really are Caroline's sister? What's your name?"

"I'm Violet, she probably didn't mention me as she doesn't really know much about me." I answered, taking the steaming cup that he placed in front of me.

"So Violet's your name." A new voice spoke. I groaned internally as I recognized the voice as the man from yesterday. Klaus I think.

"Well done, you got it right. 10 points for Klaus." I cheered with over-enthusiasm. Matt gawked at me for some reason but I ignored him and sipped at my drink.

"Come now love, I only wanted to know your name." Klaus insisted as he ordered a scotch.

"It's nice to want things Klaus. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a hot chocolate to drink." I smiled pleasantly at him and thanked Matt before I left the bar and sat in my booth in the corner of the grill.

I know its not my booth but its furthest away from all possible signs of life and has good internet connection.

Even though I was looking at my phone I could see someone approaching my from the corner of my eye so before they could reach the table I called out.