December 31st / January 1st

11:58 p.m

Min Yoongi's New Year Resolutions

1. Work out more

2. Fix car

3. Learn to cook

4. Fix alarm system

5. Speak To Park Jimin

Yoongi chuckled to himself.

It's 11:58 on Saturday, December 31st and Yoongi is once again making a resolutions list for the new year. Each year he does this in an attempt to try and convince himself he was finally getting his life together.

He set the piece of paper and his pencil down on the coffee table, and leaned back into the couch.

The apartment was dark, the only light came from the street lamps from outside, giving the room a yellow/orangey glow. Snowflakes flitted past the window slowly. The blowing wind had finally died down, and now the snow fell quietly, softly, each one like a kiss on the cheek when it lands on your skin.

He closes his eyes and sighs. He thinks about his goals for the new year and picks which ones he's most likely to commit to.

Learning to cook would be easy, all he had to do was ask Jin. Jin knew how to cook and had failed miserably to teach his boyfriend Namjoon, and Hoseok. Yoongi laughed as he remembered the time that Hobi almost burnt down his apartment.

Fix the alarm system would also be a piece of cake. All he had to do was call the company. As for fixing the car and working out, those would be a bit more of a challenge.

He could walk to work instead of take the monorail every morning. But that would require him to wake up even earlier so that he could be at work on time. He was already getting up at 6:15 to catch the 6:40 train into the city. He would have to get up for twenty to six and be out the door at five after to be at work on time.

As for Park Jimin...

Ever since he moved unto the building next door, into the apartment that was directly across from his, Yoongi has developed some sort of fascination with him, and he means it in the least creepy way as possible. He thought the boy was cute and wanted to get to know him more.

12:00 a.m.

It's now January 1st and Yoongi feels giddy inside. He stands and makes his way over to the window. The entire one half of the wall is just a big glass window that reaches from the floor to the ceiling. Yoongi normally has the curtains closed while he's put or at work, but when he's home he loves to have them opened. Especially at night when the city is asleep and all is quiet.

Yoongi can see Jimin. The boy is reading by the bay window of his apartment, legs crossed as he balances a book and a cup of whatever in his lap. Yoongi smiles. He loves to watch Jimin read. Again, he doesn't mean it to be creepy, there is just something so calming about watching Jimin read. He often wonders what it is the boy is reading. Is it romance? Action? Perhaps it's Adventure/Fantasy. Yoongi can only imagine.

"Talk to him." Namjoon had told him about a month after Jimin had moved in.

"I wouldn't know where to begin." He replied, sadly.

"You could start with 'hello', that typically works." Hoseok teased, ruffling his hair. Yoongi growled at him.

"Guys, leave Suga alone. He'll talk to him when he's ready." Jin scolded the two. Namjoon and Hoseok when to protest but Jin cut them off with a stern glare.

"Thanks, Jin."

"No problem."

Yoongi never did talk to Jimin. Two years have passed and he still never spoke a word to the boy. He just continued to watch and observe him from afar. Over the next Two years though, Yoongi had learned several things.

One; his mystery boy was named Park Jimin, and he discovered that after standing late one afternoon on his balcony. One of his friends - who he would later learn that their names were Taehyung and Jungkook - yelled his name rather loudly. It caused Jimin to laugh, call him an idiot and go back inside. One thing Min Yoongi loved about Jimin was that laugh of his. He felt forever blessed that he had heard it.

Two; Jimin was in university. Yoongi found that out after watching the boy prance around his apartment like a child while wearing the school's green and yellow hoodie with the logo on the back of it. Fun Fact: Yoongi and Jimin attended the same university.

Three; Jimin liked to dye his hair. It was currently pink and Yoongi found it absolutely fucking adorable. Then again, Yoongi thought everything Jimin did was adorable.

And four; Jimin loved to read. He loved books. He never saw him without one.

Yoongi's heart swells when he sees Jimin flip the page of his book and laughs at whatever it is that he's reading. Yoongi doesn't know what's so amusing, but HW finds himself letting out a low chuckle because of it. He doesn't know why he's even laughing, but he feels better when he's done.

Yoongi sighs contently. It's a new year, and strangely, he's feeling good about it. He looks away from Jimin and stares at the city below him. He could see the 12:05 monorail speeding past. It had finally stopped snowing too, a fresh white blanket of softness and cold covered the ground. It had yet to be mucked up with footprints and snow angels and snowmen.

When Yoongi turns his attention back to Jimin, he freezes and sucks in a sharp breath.

Jimin is staring back at him.