February 8th ½

1:45 p.m.

"You like poetry?"

Jimin's head snapped up so quickly, he thought his neck would break from whiplash or something.

The boy he had been oh so desperate to talk to for the past two years was currently standing in front of him, asking if he likes poetry. He was shocked. Where had he come from? Jimin wasn't aware they even attended the same school for crying out loud.

Jimin looks him up and down, and yep, he's still fucking attractive. Even more so up close. His mint green hair is slightly messy from the wind, and he's wearing a black tranche coat and black jeans with a tear in one knee.

Jimin suddenly remembered that the asked him a question. He doesn't trust his himself to speak so he nods instead. The boy points to the seat across from his, asking permission to sit. Jimin quickly closes his laptop and book and nods, making space on the table for him. He's nervous as he sits down. They stare at each for in silence. Eventually it becomes too much for Jimin to handle. "Hi." He breathes.

"Hello."

"I'm-"

"Park Jimin."

Jimin's dumbfounded. "How do you-"

"Your friend's kinda loud." He replies, scratching the back of his head.

"That sounds like Taehyung." Jimin mumbles, and the boy can't help but laugh.

"I'm Yoongi. Min Yoongi."

So that's his name. Jimin's heart jumps in his chest. It only took him two years to learn.

"Hi, Yoongi."

"You know," Yoongi begins, and he takes a sip of his coffee before continuing. "I'm still mad at you. For dying your hair orange. I liked the pink. It looked good on you."

Jimin blushed and tried to play it off with a laugh. "You're mad at me? I'm mad at you. You looked good with blond hair." Jimin explains.

"I'm sorry." Yoongi smiles.

"It's okay. I forgive you." He replies.

The lapsed back into silence and surprisingly, it's not uncomfortable. Jimin feels more relaxed with him here. He still can't believe it. "Read something to me."

Jimin averts his eyes from the window to look at Yoongi. "Pardon?"

"Read me something."

"Why?" Jimin asked.

"Because for the past two years I've watched you read from the comfort of my apartment, wondering what it would be like if you read to me."

Jimin's surprised at how blunt Yoongi can be, and he's guessing Yoongi is too because his eyes widened after the words left his mouth. Jimin smirked and picked up his book again, opening to his page.

"We carry these things inside of us,

That no one else can see.

They hold us down like anchors,

And they drown us out at sea."