July 3rd

8:00 a.m.

Unfortunately for Yoongi and Jimin, it was raining the following day, which means they couldn't go for a carriage ride. Gloomy, grey clouds loomed over the city of New York and rain the size of nickels pelted the streets below, accompanied by flashes of lighting and loud thunder.

And unfortunately for Jimin, he still wasn't over his fear of storms and to make matters even more worse...

Yoongi was still fast asleep.

With every lightning strike, Jimin nearly jumped out of his skin. He was in tears, and no amount of shaking he did would wake his boyfriend from his slumber.

Jimin tried covering his ears with the pillow  to block the sound of the thunder, he tried breathing techniques, he tried everything he couldn't think of and nothing worked. Several times he tried to get Yoongi up, but the boy was fast asleep, snoring away loudly. "Hyung, get up, please." Jimin begged through his tears. "Wake up!" He gripped Yoongi's sweater and shook him back and forth but he was out cold. Jimin slumped back in defeat.

There was a clap of thunder suddenly, and it was so loud that it managed to scare Jimin enough to cause him to fall off the bed with a thump.

It was also loud enough to wake Yoongi up with a jolt. His ears were filled with the sounds of sobbing and the rain hitting the windows. He immediately rolled over in search of Jimin, and found him sitting on the floor, wiping his eyes. "Jiminie, are you okay?" He asked, climbing out of bed to join him at his side. The younger reached out to wrap himself around him.

"N-No," he cried into his shoulder. "You wouldn't wake up, and I got scared and then I fell out of bed." He explains in a rush, coughing here and there.

Yoongi stands, pulling Jimin up with him, and setting him back in the bed. With one hand he holds Jimin's head against his chest and with the other, he rubs soothing circles on his back. "Baby, how many times do I have to tell you that the storm can't hurt you as long as I'm here?" Yoongi mumbled softly. Jimin sniffs, looking up at him.

"You think I'm being childish, don't you?" He pouts. Yoongi shakes is head, kissing his forehead.

"No, I don't. I don't like seeing cry, Jimin. And the thought of a thunderstorm making you this upset makes me mad. It can't hurt you baby, it's not like Kris, y'know."

Yoongi muttered the last part to himself.

"I know. But when I was younger my mum and I were driving in a storm and a free fell on our car. That's why I don't like storms."

"Why haven't you told me?" Yoongi asked, glancing at him.

"Didn't think it was important."

"Of course it's important."

"M' sorry."

"Stop apologizing, baby, you didn't do anything wrong. Just try and relax okay. I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying right here."

Yoongi let out a yawn, making Jimin chuckle.

"Sorry if I woke you." He sighs.

"I'm not sure what woke me really. Whether it was you or that clap of thunder." Yoongi shrugged and climbed back into bed,  bringing Jimin down with him. "So much for having a carriage ride, huh?"

"Yeah, screw you rain."

Yoongi laughed.

"Behave."

"I am behaving."

"Mmm hmm. Go back to bed Jimin."

"Easy for you to say, you're the king of sleep-"

Due to a change in summer vacation plans, I'm heading out west and probably won't have wifi to update for the entire month of July, so I'm going to do it now, so that you guys don't have to wait until August for updates.

Love you guys

- R