Day 80

5 March 2018
Monday 5:45pm

I tried to visit Kena in the hospital today with Lolly. We were bringing her, her missed homework like she had asked. We figured maybe it was to take her mind off everything happening. When we got there...they told us they had moved her to the ICU; they said she developed something called Pulmonary Edna? I think that's what she said...I don't know what that is; though it doesn't sound too good. The nurse said it was one of the late stages of development in the virus that's going around. They told us there wouldn't really be a point to us bringing her homework because she wouldn't be able to do it because she's too sick, and it wouldn't be able to get marked even if she could.

Give me a minute while I search this thing up on Google.

Pulmonary Edema, that's what it was, and it's not good. She basically has some sort of fluid in her lungs and something about blood backing up in the veins that actually take the blood through the lungs. So wait, what type of fluid is being trapped in her lungs? Is it water? Is there blood in her lungs? Does that mean if she coughs she coughs up blood or whatever is making it hard for her to breathe? Even if they can't stop what originally caused it, can they still stop this Edema stuff? There is treatment for that isn't there? Are they able to treat the symptoms of this new virus separately or not? I mean...if you think about it if they can't stop what is really causing all these things, they wouldn't really be able to stop the end results from it; could they? 

Is Kena really going to die? She can't, not like this, it's so cruel.