Day 217

20 July 2018
Friday 3:32pm

I'm a fool. I tripped while helping old lady Jasmine carry some things to the house she was staying in and I rolled my injured ankle. I'm not sure how the brake is healing because while it was broken I had to walk a lot on it and wasn't really resting it enough. I also didn't have anything to keep it set with. So when I rolled it, it really hurt. It caused a bit of a scene with our small community. I hadn't ever really told Nate about my injury from the day we all got separated but he found out today I guess. When I tried to stand up I couldn't put any weight on my ankle and ended up back on the ground. Rupert the unofficial leader of the little community heard the commotion while he was working and came over to check on me. That's how at least I know I didn't re-brake it, he made sure it wasn't. Unfortunately that's how Nate found out I had previously been injured. He had been working with him and came over as well, I had to tell Rupert I had broken it a couple of months back when I first got separated from the others. Nathan realized almost instantly what day I was talking about and he had this look on his face I couldn't really read. I'm resting inside at the moment with my leg elevated. Rupert of course took this opportunity to say that we should be glad I was near people to help me out when I hurt myself and how I wouldn't have that if we left. Did he totally miss the part about me surviving 3 months with a broken ankle on my own??! Why he gotta play that card ha?

Same day
9:47pm

Nathan and I had a big talk about what happened today, he wasn't happy I didn't tell him I had hurt myself when we first found each other.  He was pretty upset saying how something could have happened while we were out there because I was hurt and he didn't know. He also seemed upset with himself saying he should have been able to tell...that's pretty fuck stupid though. How the hell was he supposed to know if I didn't tell him? And yeah yeah I get it I'm pretty stupid myself for not saying anything to him.

I guess we aren't leaving now until my stupid ankle is better. Not sure if I'm happy or not about that...