His Past

Barry's Pov

3 years ago

I'm Barry Morgan, just a simple highschooler living in a house with my loving parents.

Today is a new day, I immediately went to the bathroom to clean myself, I dressed myself in civilian with my ID hanging in my neck.

"Good morning" mom greeted.

"Got to work" dad said as he kissed mom in the lips and ruffled my hair before he went out.

"Faster young man you're going to be late" mom spoke while holding a spatula with an eyebrow raised.

I looked at the watch and Fuck I'm gonna be late. I took a sandwich and drank the juice in one gulp before kissing mom's cheek, running away while fixing my bag.

"Come back here-!!!" I banged the door as I ride my bike to school.

"Good morning dude" Rich greeted, he's my friend ever since we were kids, our dads worked on the same station and were also buddies.

"Morning" I greeted before walking to our classroom.

⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩

"Hey Rich, hey Barry" Mandy greeted, I raised my eyebrow with her new look. She dyed her hair in blonde with big curls, she's also wearing a blue eye contacts and a full makeup.

"What's with that new look?" I asked leaning on my chair.

"Glad you noticed, do I look like Cadence?" she asked with a smile.

Rich rolled his eyes "Everyone in school tried to look like her, dress like her, act like her and even walk like her" he said.

"Well anyway I'm planning a party in my house and you guys are invited" Mandy giggled.

"For what reason exactly" I raised a brow.

"Duh, you two are one of the campus hotties and you know that I'm so picky in inviting my guests" Mandy said as she looked at her nails.

"Nope, not interested" Rich said.

"Why?" she whined.

"Cause me and my bro here already have a plan" Rich said placing his arm around me.

"And what is that?" I asked, he facepalmed.

"I'll take that as a yes" Mandy said as she left.

"Dude you know I really hate parties, especially sluts who would do anything just to sleep with you" Rich sneered.

He had this trauma 2 years ago, we went on Mandy's party for the first time, well I'll describe it with two words: it's wild. A girl named Katie went to Rich, made him drunk and slept with him. After two weeks Katie told Rich that she's pregnant and wants my best friend to take the responsibility later after the child was born, Rich and I secretly took a DNA test and found out he was not the father. Rich exposed the whole story in school, he ruined Katie's reputation as his revenge.

Rich and I went home after school and didn't plan to show up in Mandy's party ever again.

I frowned when I saw an ambulance, cops and neighbors crowding outside my house.

Then I realized, something must have happened. I rushed inside the house "Stop" the police officer blocked my way.

"Let me go!!" I said trying to enter the house.

"Let him go" Rich's dad, Mr Williams said.

I run inside, I saw my parents in the living room bathing in blood. Mom's hands, feet and eyes were tied while her mouth was stuffed with a white cloth. Dad on the other hand was wearing his police uniform that was dyed in red, you can see his hand was trying to reach mom.

I fell on my knees while crying hard and I know, no matter how much I cried I can't bring my parents to life.

⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩

"Barry you may wanna look at this" Mr Williams spoke while handing me a plastic bag with gold bullets.

"This?" I asked carrying the plastic bag.

"You may wanna take a closer look" he said taking out one, I can see a tiny delicate dragon carved on it, my eyes widen.

"Your guess is right" Mr Williams spoke putting it back where it belongs.

I punched the wall in frustration "What does dad have to do with them?!" I asked, my tears fell out uncontrollably.

"You know that your father was a huge block in big bosses, that they tried to get rid of him as soon as possible" he replied "They even include your mom, you're lucky that you survived" he continued.

I moved to an apartment and transferred school, I tried my best to skip levels. At such a young age I aimed to be the youngest detective, proving to others that I can be the best by solving complicated cases, I gained both respect and envy from others.

I might be seen as a very hardworking person, but it's all a show. I became obsessed finding that person, I tried every means just to get an information about 'The King', I even do dangerous undercovers in the underground society.

I swore to myself that there will be a day that I would be able to kill that person.