XXX 4

Author's Pov

It's been a sleepless night for Cadenza, no matter how much her grandma persuade her to rest she won't budge. She just can't sleep! Everytime she would fell asleep she would dream about her parents corpse drenched in blood, both of her missing brother's dead bodies were floating in a pool of blood, Credence and Daryl's bodies were pierced with shards of metals. It was a bloody mess if it were other people who's in her family's place she can watch with cold eyes.

Her entire life she had seen much more worse than this scenario of a bloody mess, she a Mafia boss whose responsible with a massacre could watch and entertain herself till her heart's content. The more she thought about it the more it would drive her to insanity.

"Cadence-chan!" Charlotte's voice rang into her mind, she looked at the source of voice and found Charlotte running towards her.

"What happen-" before Charlotte could finish her sentence her grandma appeared before her with a fierce look.

"No contact for 12 hours, you just came home this morning!! Do you think I won't know that you where accompanied by a man, while you were messing around with men your family that feed you and sheltered for years were suffering. This is how you pay our kindness by tarnishing our reputation, you were just like your mother! A desperate cheap social climber, you don't deserve to bear the Vasiliev family's surname!!!" her grandma roared ferociously at Charlotte. As if she was ready to swallow her anytime. Seeing Charlotte's haggard state she was more certain that something happened between her and that man.

Her legs were wobbly, her body was shaking in fear. It was her first time to get scolded such like this, her bright brown eyes were full of fear and anxiety there were no tears but fear.

A loud crisp sounded through the halls of the hospital, grandma Anastasia was shocked to death of what she had done. Her face became so pale that it looks like her life was drained from her body, instead of slapping that impudent slut she didn't expect her beloved granddaughter to interfere.

Charlotte opened her eyes as the pain that she expected didn't came, she was burst into tears as she saw Cadenza stood in front of her taking the slap that meant to be hers. She burst into tears, crying desperately as she held Cadenza's arm. She was so happy that she cried in tears, someone really cared for her, someone stood up for her. Charlotte always knew that Cadenza always cares for her but seeing it in action she couldn't help but felt gratified.

But she doesn't have to take the slap, it wasn't meant for her. It'll be fine if her grandma just hit her, in her own face, her sister (Cadenza) doesn't deserve to be slapped for her (Charlotte's) mistake. (Just incase you'll be confused)

"Grandma, we only have each other so please don't hurt my sister" Cadenza ignored her swollen cheek, her voice shooked as she stood in front of Charlotte.

Grandma Anastasia's eyes were full of shock and regret her gaze shifted to Charlotte and her eyes instantly sharpen "Fine" her soft voice sounded but her eyes betrayed her emotions. Cadenza's body collapsed and it shooked everyone in terror.

"Cadenza!!"

"Her body has lately received a lot of stress and she's not eating well. Don't worry all she need is proper sleep, nutritious foods and loads of liquids" The doctor left after saying a few more words to Grandma Anastasia.

Charlotte was caught off guard when her face recieved a burning sensation.

"Leave, don't ever comeback again!" her grandma harshly roared at her.

Charlotte was harshly pushed outside of the room, her crying face coupled with her disheveled state made her look very pitiful.

"Charlotte" Louise's gentle voice sounded not too loud nor too soft from afar. When he saw her current self, he rushed forward to embrace her in his arms. His heart was filled with pain.

"L-louise" Charlotte choked her own voice as she cried more intensely.

"Let me take you home" Louise didn't let go of her as they his reached his car.

"To the Vasiliev mansion" he spoke to his driver.

He was having a dinner with his family and the family of his future fiancee, he really didn't want the engagement. But he can't do anything about it since his mom insisted him so, if there's someone that t he can't say no to a person in this world that would happen e his mother.

His entire life his father only focused on their business rarely visiting them home. Since he was a little boy, he always sees his mom longing for his father but always hides it in front of him. His mother raised him up with full of love and attention even filling up the absence of his father and he never had anything against it.

When he heard about Charlotte's family had encountered such accident from Mr and Mrs Blanc, the parents of his future fiancee. He thought about Charlotte's emotional state and immediately head to the hospital, he disregarded the dinner between the families and rushed to travel back to Titus since he was in Maeven (One of the sectors) he just only came this morning and he was still wearing his suit.

When they finally arrived to the Vasiliev mansion, he accompanied Charlotte inside but they were blocked by the Butler "I'm sorry young master Mason (Louise's surname) and young miss Charlotte but the old madam instructed us to move your things out of the mansion, and she also mentions that you won't be relaying on the family's fortune from now on" as the Butler spoke respectfully, the maids carried the bags outside.

Seeing this Louise was furious "You can't do this!-" before he could finish his sentence Charlotte grabbed his arm, her face was unusually calm and tranquil.

"Very well, please tell grandma thank you for thanking care of me for these past 7 years" she grabbed her luggages "Let's go" she innocently smiled as she shifted her gaze to Louise, but her smile doesn't seem to reach her eyes. Louise was shooked at how Charlotte reacted.

"Mmm" Louise didn't know what to do, so he just merely responded, he helped Charlotte with her luggage and both of them got into the car.

Lady Luciana