XXX 3

Author's pov

"This is the Vasiliev residence, may I help you?"

"Cadenza?" a familiar voice from the phone sounded.

"Yes?" Cadenza frowned, the voice from the other side seems shaking.

"It's G-grandma...I got a call from this morning.....your mom...dad and big brothers encountered....a p-plane crash" her grandmother's voice broke down, barely stating each word. Cadenza's grip on the phone tightened.

"Your mom and dad...couldn't make it..... two of your brothers are in critical condition..... while Daryl and Drawin are currently missing....they're admitted at the Imperial State Hospital......"

Cadenza's eyes widen and filled with unbelievable shock, her forehead was sweating and her body stiffened.

"Young miss is there anything wrong?" the maids asked.

"T-To the Imperial State Hospital!" she barely walked outside of the mansion.

She felt an explicable pain from her chest, her legs were wobbly and she felt that her body went numb. Her sudden actions terrified everyone in the mansion, they felt that the phone call isn't simple as it seems since it made their young mistress to the point of nearly fainting. The driver immediately drove to the Imperial State Hospital and was guarded by ten black SUV cars.

The people inside the hospital were calmly minding their own business while the media outside were running rampant, this news about the plane accident of the Vasiliev family is going to be big.

It at least took 3 house to get to the exact location of the hospital due to the heavy rain that caused traffic, Cadenza was restless to the point of fainting. Such news, it was like a grenade specially thrown at her, it was the first time that she encountered such emotional attack. Her head was aching and her mind was in chaos, she couldn't think straight!!

The media that was blocking the entrance of the hospital saw an approaching black limousine with a Fleur de lis crest, that car, they immediately guessed the person inside it.
The maids who were accompanying Cadenza, became nervous when they were being crowded with the reporters and cameramen. How will their miss handle such situation in her current condition.

The bodyguards immediately prevented them from crowding the car and was able to make way for Cadenza.

"Miss Vasiliev what was your reaction with your family encountering a tragic Plane Crash?"

"Did the investigation says that it was truly an accident or someone did it on purpose?"

"To be able to top the Modeling International Industry Top 10 Ranking and earning the title of the Best Model award and for earning the title of 'Little Miss Perfect' internationally what is your reaction?"

The flashing of lights and the crowding of reporters made Cadenza feel like the world slowed down for a second, the maids beside her were worried sick of her behaviour. Her place complexion worsen with the situation that she was currently in. If only she was on her normal state, she would clear the entrance of the hospital in a second.

Suddenly a young female reporter was able to escape the bodyguards' supervision since she was small and ran towards Cadenza.

"Cadenza, your family suffered a severe accident, do you think they will be able to survive?" a rude question came out from the female reporter that made everyone look at her in disbelief, the flash of cameras and the voices of the other reporters quietened down.

This dumb reporter was adding oil to the fire and her question was like she was rubbing salt to a wound. They're reporters, their purpose is to gather information but they had their own rules and standards to follow clearly not cross the line, in order  not to provoke someone especially people with power.

A loud crisp sound can be heard, the female reporter staggered backward and she fell. Her eyes widened in shock as she touched her swollen cheek, she was slapped!!

"Impudent!!" Cadenza shouted in fury, everyone was cowering in fear, this young lady's aura was simply too terrifying! Her tomorrow tone was cold as eye and her eyes were glaring at the woman who was under her foot. This scene is like an epitome of an Empress showing her power to her subjects as she punished a servant who committed a crime simply earning the respect that she's clearly suited of her title.

Under the pouring rain she coupled with her cold beauty and aura she was like a formidable warrior of ancient times and the people around her seemed like surrendering enemies.

"You people really took interest over my family's current situation there are also people who bears the same situation as family why don't you also took interest to them too? Why is it only my Vasiliev family, are you people really that obsessed with us? Don't you felt a bit guilty making headlines, entertaining people with the plane accident while my family are struggling to survive. My mother and father are dying, two of my brothers are missing, my oldest brother and second brother are severely injured. Instead of taking advantage of the situation for your selfish interest why don't you rather give sympathy?!" Cadenza mocked, the surrounding people  lowered their heads in shame. What she said is true, they were just doing this for their job, the more interning the article is more people will swarm such juicy information but have they even consider the lives of the victims?

Who dares to scheme her when she's not in the mood?  That reporter, her behavior was very weird, she didn't think that she won't see through her pitiful tactic. Out of all questions she dares to pick something that would provoke anyone in her place, moreover voiced it out for everyone to hear. It was  for her to act violently against that woman under everyone not just anyone but the media and once it is spread it would backslash at her resulting to damage her reputation.

Everyone in the media was clearly aware to not provoke someone, their job was not something that an amateur would easily get so that woman is not just dumb to do such rash thing to end her career. But someone was clearly behind her, paid her a large sum of money to scheme against her. She would let Collin investigate that woman at once, she can't wait to see who dares to oppose her.

Cadenza entered the hospital her previous weak appearance was replaced with fierce demeanor. Her grandmother greeted her with a grievance expression, as a Mafia boss she had seen so many corpses but the corpse that were laid before her made her afraid and she burst into tears. Her parents lifeless bodies were laid before her and it pained her so much that she clutched her chest as she cried in her grandmother's arms.

After crying so much Cadenza merely sat on the bench outside the room where her brothers were admitted, she refused to looked at them as it would increase the pain that she was feeling.

Suddenly a hand holding a handkerchief appeared before her, she looked at the owner with her emotionless eyes, it was one of the herione's capture target, Giles. He just quietly stood there as he handed his handkerchief to her.

Cadenza was slightly moved with his action, she looked the handkerchief and wiped her tears from both of her eyes "Thank you"

Actually he was just visiting his little sister who was diagnosed with cancer, he happened to pass by and noticed a familiar figure. The charming and perfect girl in school who was always arrogant and overbearing who don't put anyone whose not worthy enough in her eyes was actually crying.

It made Giles' opinion about her change, he always thought that she was a strong and independent girl but it seems like it was all in the surface, on the inside she was a girl with very delicate emotions. He hugged her and whispered "Let it all out"

Cadenza once again burst into tears but this time her  chest seems to lighten.