The Heroine's Birthday Part 2

Author's Pov

-3 days later-

Charlotte was being dragged by Barry.

"Where are we going?" she asked in a lazy manner.

"To your birthday party" Barry answered in a playful tone as he continued to dragged Charlotte.

"What?" Charlotte was completely confused not getting his point.

They finally stopped into a door and she was being pushed inside by Barry "See you in a minute birthday girl" he spoke with a smile as he waved his hand.

"Barry wait!" but he had already left, Charlotte was surrounded by unknown people and was forced to dress into a gown.

Her hair was done in a simple style and her makeup was light, making her look lovely and fresh. The gown is white with a tint of pink with pink roses embroidered on it.

The surrounding people looked at the beautiful girl as they held their breath, when Barry came in he smiled as he looked at Charlotte just like what he expected, she looked very lovely. Seeing the young master's satisfied look the surrounding ladies breath out a sigh of relief.

Everyone has started to fill the entire hall, their expensive clothes and fine jewelries seemed enlightened the atmosphere. They were surprised when they saw how much effort the Grand Venue was filled with extravagant decorations. The tables were filled with various cuisines and the dessert table was topped with certain pastries.

Everyone was enjoying the lively atmosphere when they saw each other in their attires, the ladies were dressed in ball gowns and the men were suited in their expensive fabricated suits. But they were still waiting for the birthday girl, the young ladies were whispering with each other talking about how they would want their birthdays to be just like this luxurious.

The lively guests were quietened as they saw a young man in black suit, his hair was neatly comb backwards and his handsome face was covered with mask creating a mysterious character. He stood beside the long stairs as if he was waiting for someone.

Finally the doors opened revealing a lovely young lady in a beautiful dress, everyone held their breath as they watched her every step in anticipation.

They all knew who this young miss is, this was the eldest miss of the Vasiliev family. It seems like someone took liking for her to throw such a big birthday party, it seems her fortune isn't that bad. Afraid of provoking the other party they just once again drown themselves in the atmosphere.

Louise who was talking to a friend saw the scene was caught to the tranquil scenery.

His eyes traced to the young man in his black suited and he walked closer to see a better look.

"Excuse me Mr Ford"

Charlotte was a bit nervous as she grabbed Barry's hand that was reaching for her. Barry led her to the center "Let's dance" he spoke with a gentle tone.

The guests watched them as they dance very smoothly, creating tranquil and lovely atmosphere. Louise couldn't make a move as he felt his mother's piercing eyes, he could only walk towards Myranda as he reached out his hand "May I ask for a dance"

Mr and Mrs Blanc was very pleased. The two of them also danced waltz, everyone looked at the young master of Mason family dancing with a young lady,  the look of interest in their eyes grew and they also started to grab a partner and they waltz towards the center.

"This is embarrassing" Charlotte spoke to Barry's ear, all this time she didn't dare to gaze at the crowd and only focused her gaze to her feet.

"Why would you be embarrassed? This is your birthday party" Barry lifted her up causing Charlotte to blush in embarrassment while the guests started to applause in extreme enjoyment.

Myranda (Louise's future Fiancee) was very happy when Louise asked her for a dance but all this time she noticed that his gaze was glued to Charlotte. She knew that he was just forced to take her for a dance and her heart turned sour, her mood to dance seems to go bland. She knew about the rumors that Louise liking the Vasiliev family's eldest young miss.

She smiled bitterly as she spoke "That's enough dancing for now" she retracted her hands as she left the dancing circle with a disappointment look on her face.

Giles and Alistair stood together from the corner, watching everyone whose drunk with the happy atmosphere.

"This is ridiculous" Alistair complained, he was dressed in a maroon suit looking very handsome and his hair was neatly styled.

"The scene you were about to see right now will make you swallow all your words" Giles spoke with a smirk.

Alistair followed his gaze and smiled gently, his eyes once again focused on Giles is he spoke coldly "You're the one who I mean ridiculous"

"Don't you dare snatch her away from me" Alistair warned him.

"I told you I'm just a friend" Giles replied as he took a sip from the glass that he was holding.

"Says who?"

"Me of course" Giles smirked with a smug face.

"You.." a vein seems to pop from Alistair's head as he pointed at Giles.