Manipulate

Author's Pov

The next day

"It's been four days since Cadenza didn't bother to show herself in this house, in the future don't bother to let her in" Barry spoke with his cold voice.

The butlers and the maids that heard his words blanked. Don't bother to let Miss Cadenza in?

"Nonsense!" Mr Kuznetsov's voice rang.

"Grandpa" Barry was shocked to see his grandpa to be able to stand with his own feet again.

"You child, when you learned that I was getting better you didn't bother to see me anymore"

Barry's head ached he also wanted to see him, but his hands were full of the responsibilities that his own grandfather gave him, this isn't too ironic?

"Cadenza has her own reasons, and responsibilities as a daughter in a noble family. You expect her to be on duty 24/7" Mr Kuznetsov's voice was firm and had a doting tone.

"Grandpa she's not even considerate with her own sister, she's just a spoiled brat with a two face nature"

When he has started to grow feelings for her it all died down when he knew her true nature. When he knew about Charlotte's current state he bought a small house for her lying that he knew that place is for rent and the land lady is a friend of his mother, which the supposed to be 'land lady' was the old head maid of the mansion.

He also bought the cafe which they first met saying she could apply for a job there and he deliberately increased the salary. He knew Charlotte wasn't the kind of person who would accept such generous gifts from others. He pitied her current state and was helping her.

"I think I'm going to have an heart attack, I need to find Sylver" since his grandpa was getting better, he begun to joke around lately.

Barry rolled his eyes, while the maids and the Butler almost collapsed when they heard Mr Kuznetsov.

The day of the burial of Cadenza's parents and her missing two brothers was gloomy, as if the sky could feel the same emotions as Cadenza, it started to rain. Cadenza's friends begun to endlessly console her from time to time. Charlotte stood from a distance with a bouquet of white roses in her hands as Barry held the umbrella for her.

"You're ok?" Barry asked as he looked at Charlotte intently.

Charlotte looked at the white roses in hands not responding to Barry. His heart ached for her, her family is right in front of her yet she couldn't even get close to them. His heart ached for her, his gaze focused on Cadenza's figure in grip on the umbrella tightened.

Cadenza sat quietly as she looked at her brothers lying in the bed unconscious.

"The Doctor said with Credence's severe leg injury it might be impossible for him to be able to walk in the future and Dylan's wounds are to feel it might be able to take a while before they would be completely healed" Grandma Anastasia spoke as she caressed his grandsons' hands.

"For now we're still searching for doctors that could might cure Credence's condition. They'll get better don't worry for now, things had already happened we could only relay on the future" Grandma Anastasia hugged her granddaughter, coaxing her.

"I know"

The next morning Cadenza got up very early to head to the Kuznetsov mansion. Although she wanted to stay to accompany her brothers in the hospital, her grandma forbid her since she'll get into her depressed state which worries her. Her grandma would even encourage her to go out with her friends to have some fun like other teenagers do.

Cadenza felt her clothes become lose and baggy, she looked at herself in the mirror. Indeed she become thin and her previous liveliness in her face become hollow. She forced herself to smile but it didn't reach her eyes.

She caressed the bracelet in her wrist and the voice echoed in her mind.

Always remember who you are

The big doors of the Kuznetsov mansion opened she was greeted by the maids.

"Welcome young miss" she nodded in acknowledgement.

When she was about to head to up stairs to see Mr Kuznetsov she was interrupted by the maid.

"Young miss, Master is in back courtyard"

Cadenza excused herself brow in suspicion but didn't said anything and immediately went to the back courtyard. She widened her eyes in surprise as if she had seen a miracle for the first time in her two lives, Mr Kuznetsov whose previously lying in the bed was now currently sparring with the other members of the Mafia with a robust stature.

She was rotted at the same place for a few seconds. Mr Kuznetsov had just finished his opponent with a shoulder throw and seem to had noticed Cadenza's existence. He shifted his head with a smile.

"...." Cadenza

"How much things did I miss?" she asked.

"Don't worry, I told Romano and the rest to not disturb you. I'm very sorry with your family Cadenza" Mr Kuznetsov spoke as the maid helped him put jacket.

"You've gotten thinner, it's the best for you to try to return to your previous state" Mr Kuznetsov and Cadenza walked back to the mansion.

"Your sickness...uh" Cadenza looked at him with a measuring gaze from head to toe. This man doesn't seem to be sick... Clearly doesn't know how to explain the situation.

"I was poisoned by my adopted grandson" he paused at he pushed a secret door leading to a secluded place in the mansion.

"This..." Cadenza looked at the surroundings, everything in this room was made for a specialized training ground. Rows of weapons were neatly arranged may it be blades or guns all types were displayed. And a ring made for a combat were men are trained in hoarding their combat skills.

"This is the place were I used to train him. I should have mentioned him to you but I was that both of you would mind each other's business considering the fact that I've raised you both differently"

"But who knew he had such ambitions, he even had the guts to bite the hands that raised him. My body would have detoriated if it weren't for Sylver, a promising young man in medicine field but was thrown away for being too outstanding"

"Dies Barry knew this?" Cadenza asked as she gazed at the young man in the portrait with a serious face. His white hair and blue eyes resembled someone she clearly knew, no wonder he lost his touch with her so he's planning such treachery.

No matter how poisonous she was, she would never bite the hands that raised her.