Charlotte and Barry

Author's Pov

"Young Master" Romano walked into the spacious room and gently shook Barry's shoulder. Barry merely responded, he his eyes never left Mr Kuznetsov's figure, whose injected with various of tubes. Tiredness could be seen in his handsome face, the liveliness that was there before was now replaced with cold and serious expression, his eyes were empty and hollow void of any emotions.

"You should rest, you've been in here for days and barely slept, drink and eat. You'll get sick on what you are doing to yourself. Barry listen, this is not what Mr Kuznetsov wanted you to be, be a man you are the 'young master' face your problems. People  comes in and out of our lives you have to learn to let go, accept what is coming and expect what is going to happen. I understand your pain, Mr Kuznetsov is also like my grandfather" Cadenza angrily put down the tray on the table.

"Understand me? Let me ask you have you lost someone who matters to you the most to understand my pain?! Be a man, to what?! Get trained to kill and scheme, I am not that kind of person for Fuck's sake, stop making me turn into someone else who is not me! What my grandfather wanted me to be is a leader, being a Mafia is your thing. Stop saying things that you haven't even experienced yourself because all your life you get all you wanted with a flick of your fingers well that's not a case for everyone!!!" he shouted at Cadenza as if throwing every word at her face, mocking her then stormed out of the room.

Hearing about Barry not being himself, she hastily rushed into the Kuznetsov Mansion almost crashing into the cars in the road, she drived like a mad person disregarding all her paperworks. And this is all she get, she smiled bitterly.

"Young Master, where are you going?" the butler was startled to see the young master who locked himself up in seclusion for days to suddenly came down stairs with fury.

"It has nothing to do with you" he replied coldly.

"You want me to prepare the car?" the butler ignored the cold attitude then young master has given him.

"No need"

He rode his motorbike to the streets, it's summer but it seems like the sky is gloomy and it started to pour rain endlessly (It actually happened in my country). Rain drops started to pour in his helmet slowly dripping till it reached the ground. Barry just drived in the streets without specific directions, he just wanted to divert his attention somewhere else, his anger started to subside down.

"Ahhh!!" a female shriek was able to woke him up in reality.

The girl was holding an umbrella as a shield, she was shaking endlessly.

"Are you ok?" Barry immediately got down and walked towards the girl. It was his fault for driving in high speed and the girl was crossing on a pedestrian lane.

"C-could you drive more s-s-safely?" her voice was soft and nervousness lingered her voice.

"You can ordered whatever you wanted, it's my treat as an apology" Barry and the girl finally settled down on a cafe.

"Thank you"

He looked at the girl's features, her hair was short and has a rare color of pink, her eyes were big and delicate, thin red lips, her body is petite and frail.

"Aren't you going to order?" the girl asked passing the menu.

Barry merely glance at it "Just a cup of coffee" after the waitress got their orders, Charlotte fiddled with her fingers feeling awkward.

"I-I didn't catch your name" she initiated while laughing nervously.

"Bryan" Barry replied, he gave his formal name not caring to give her his full name since he didn't want to get attached to a stranger.