Random Chapter

Barry's Pov

-6:30 pm-

I went to Cadenza's room to check her, I put the back of me hand on her forehead and sighed in relief.

I'm glad that her fever went down, I fix the blanket that was covering her. I still can't believe that the person I was searching for years, wanting to kill was right in front of me.

Lying in the bed with a fever.

"Tsk tsk......I guess there are things that are meant to do and not to do" I smiled and kissed her forehead "And things happen for a reason" with that I left her room.

"What a waste, I'm just going to reheat it" after reheating the steak and aligot, I placed it on a plate and put it in the bed tray.

I carefully carried it to Cadenza's room, I slowly opened the door and wake her up.

"Cadenza it's time to eat" she sat up and yawned. She looked at the food that I placed on the bed with a frown then looked at me with 'not-again' expression.

"Don't worry that chicken soup ended up as a failure and I've tasted the steak and aligot before I gave it to you" I reassured her.

"If you say so" at first she was hesitant yet she took a small bite "It's still sucks but I can bare with it"

"Your pride is too high, I can barely bare with it" I retorted.

She rolled her eyes not really caring yet still eating the food.

"Growl~" looking at Cadenza eating made me remember that I still didn't eat dinner. She stopped in mid air and looked at me....

"You still didn't eat dinner?"

"The patient needs to eat first, I can bare with it" I spoke sternly.

"But you.." I cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

"No buts"

After she finished her dinner she rested for a while before she went back to sleep. While I sighed as I ate my meal alone in this huge table.

-8:30-

I opened the door to check on her again and I was surprised to see her phone ringing. Cadenza was too lazy to even answer it, that she covered her ears with a pillow. So I was the one who picked it up....

"Here goes nothing" I said as I picked her phone and answer it.

"He-!!"

"Hello?"

I frowned as I waited and waited for the other person in the line to answer. But all I got was a whining and choking voice.

"Wh-What did y-you...d-do to Cadence-chan?!" the female voice almost broke my eardrums.

"D-Don't cry I'm Cadenza's friend she's fine....she's ummm currently in the bathroom..that's right!" I went to the bathroom and flushed the toilet.

"Then c-can you let me talk to her?" she asked as she calmed a bit.

"Sure" I sighed as I tired to wake up Cadenza.

I tapped her shoulders until I was constantly shaking her. Guess what she's still asleep.

I had no choice but to mimic Cadenza's voice, I cleared my throat and spoke.

"Hi sis"

Hehehe....Shit what was her name again? I begun to panic as I tried to recall her name that appeared in the screen. All I remember is that her name starts with letter C.

C...Ch...Charvy? Cherry? Cherie?....Charlize..Cha...Lotta...Cha-Charlotte!!!!

"Sis, I was so w-w-worried. Are you Ok? What happened to your voice?"

"I got... my throat got sore from singing" may God forgive me of what I am doing right now. I thought as I bang my head on the wall.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? What time will you go home?" she asked in a very soft, cute and concerned voice completely different from Cadenza's arrogant and overbearing voice. I wonder how these two were sisters?

I got emotional when I think about Cadenza bullying her sister, who seems kind and sweet. But according to her personality that's impossible.

"I-I'm ok don't worry, but the way I'm sorry sis but I can't go home right now... cause I'm having a..sleepover with my..friends" please let her believe this lame excuse....please..please.

I inwardly prayed to the heaven's to grant my wish and to save me from troubles.

"Oh....ok" she said with a sad tone.

"Oh my, look it's late!..*Fake yawn* I gotta sleep bye~" I ended the call and looked back only to see Cadenza
listening with amusement.

"....."

"Late? It's still 8:50 you know" she said with a grin.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked in a pissed tone as I gripped her phone.

"Hmm..I was already awake after you tried to wake me up" she chuckled "To save you from troubles, you shouldn't have answered it in the first place....Don't look at me like that, it's your fault that you didn't thought about it in the first place not mine" she said with a calm tone.

"Then why you didn't help me out?" I glared at her.

"Seeing you handling it like a boss doesn't seem you need my help. On the contrary I don't have any intention to help you in the first place"

I got tired listening to her while she makes fun of me so I turned around and walked towards the door.

"Wait" she said.

I looked back at her as I calm myself.

"My phone?" she said as she extended her hand.

"*Crack" I slammed her phone to the ground and looked at her shocked face with a grin.

"That phone is limited edition"

I slammed the door not caring.

"Barry!!!"

Dimitri