The Hard Way Part 1

Barry's Pov

It's Saturday morning and everyone working in the mansion are taking two days off.

"Take care young master" all of them said before they left, I was about to close the door when a car stopped in front of the house.

"Barry" Collin came out of the car and called out my name.

"Collin? I thought you were still in Verona?" I asked.

Zafeíri Kingdom is a country known for the mass production of Sapphires,
also the country is divided into 8 sectors, the Titus, Dione, Nohara, Sabetha, Verona, Kyou, Thanos and Maeven. This country has a strong military force, peace and order is maintained by the Royal family. The King doesn't like meddling with the other countries' affairs and instead he focused maintaining the nation's economy and order that's what the reason why this country is peaceful and wealthy. Yet all of these were just in the surface, focussing on it's dark side is very complicated.

There were various groups of Mafias, Gangs and other organizations still forming itself. These kinds of organizations and their crimes were sealed and protected by their influential names in business. They're also very excellent when it comes to removing their traces and eliminating the unwanted witnesses.

"I'm just delivering Cadenza's paperworks" he said as he carried a pile of papers.

"Ohh...Umm i-is she going to be here?" I asked, come to think of it Cadenza haven't been here for a while.

But all I got from Collin is his teasing smirk. Then I realised..."I-It's not what you think it is!!" I hastily explained.

"Ehh? Tell me what did you think I was thinking about??" he teased.

"Nothing" I lied while I scratch my cheek with my index finger.

He sighed then spoke "Barry, Cadenza is a girl who loves to reject guys especially good boys. If you want to date her then improve yourself, I think she likes someone who's cool, intimidating, serious, cold, unpredictable, strong and probably a sadist" my eye twitched at the last part.

"You want me to help you or what?" Collin probably misunderstood that I took a liking on Cadenza.

"Why didn't you say so? Just put it in her office, Ciao Barry see you when I came back" so he just literally gave me all the paperworks and left, classic. I shouldn't have offered my help, he really took advantage of everything that is offered to him to the extent, what self-centered guy.

"So this is her office huh? So huge, spacious, clean and very organized" I put all the paperworks on Cadenza's desk and I was about to go out when a woman wearing black coat, pants, boots, scarf, shades and cap so basically she's wearing black from head to toe.

I stared at her for a while then asked "Who are you?"

"It's me.. Cadenza" then she took off her shades and stared back at me with her blue eyes, I was slowly getting captivated but I shook my head and mentally said 'Don't fall it's a trap!'

"You ok?" she asked.

"Cough* You hungry?" I immediately changed the subject, she lazily nodded her head and placed her body in the couch.

While I ran downstairs and started cooking whatever dish that first came into my mind just to eliminate that awkward moment replaying in my mind.

"Done" Carbonara, salad, steak and aligot, after placing all the dishes I wiped my hands with a white towel and took off my apron. I went up stairs to Cadenza's office when I opened the door I saw her still laying on the couch, sleeping.

"Cadenza" I called her name as tap on her shoulders, then she slowly turn around her face is flushed and her breathing is unstable. I immediately put the back of my hand on her forehead, just as I suspected she's having a fever.

"So cold" she murmured. I got no choice and carried her to her room, I placed her in her bed and covered her with blanket.

I was about to left to get a thermometer and a medicine when Cadenza suddenly grabbed my wrist and said in a hoarse voice "I'm hungry"

"I'll go cook chicken soup" I said in a stern voice and left.

I can't focus cooking with what happened earlier....

4 cups chicken broth

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

1/4 cup shredded carrots

1/4 cup chopped onion

1/4 cup chopped celery

3 tablespoons chicken soup base

1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper

1/8 cup margarine

1/8 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup cooked white rice

1/2 cup diced, cooked chicken meat

8 slices lemon

4 egg yolks

I prepared and cooked the soup for about 50 mins which is shorter than I expected. After putting the garnish I went back to Cadenza's room.

"Wake up, eat so you can take your medicine"

She slowly sat up though her eyes are still closed she look somehow cute, after checking her body temperature I gave her the bowl of lemon chicken soup that I prepared.

Cadenza took a sip on the spoon and frowned "I'm not going to eat that cook something else" she said as she placed it on the table beside the bed.

My eye twitched what would you expect from a pampered girl? "Eat" I said in a pissed off tone.

One of the thing that I hate the most is wasting food... In order to make her eat the soup we did a little staring contest.

"Nyet" (No in Russian) she said as she sharpened her eyes.

"Then we'll do it in the hard way" I have no choice but to use my secret weapon.

Bryan Reynaldo Kuznetsov (Barry)