XXX 2

Author's pov

"I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather's illness" Charlotte looked into Barry's eyes, his green pupils cold, empty and hollow.

"It's fine" Barry replied as he drank his coffee.

"I understood how painful it was to lose someone who matters to you, I've lost my mother when I was a kid. Things might get tough in the first place but you'll get used to it"

Barry was shocked to hear Charlotte's words, losing someone such as your mother in a very young age, this girl probably did go through a lot of hardships.

"So where do you live now?" Barry asked.

"With my father and step mother, also with my half-siblings" Charlotte doesn't mind Barry's question it's just a natural for people to ask such obvious things.

"Does they treat you well?" He asked with untraceable pity in his eyes.

"Uh-hmm" Charlotte nodded as she took a mouthful bite of cake leaving some icing on her lips.

"Silly girl, you can't even eat properly" Barry took out his handkerchief to wipe off Charlotte's lips stain.

The surrounding customers were gazing at them, with their lovely dovey atmosphere.

A girl purposely stained her lips with chocolate icing, "Anatta~" her boyfriend looked at her with shock and disgust.

"Eww, woman you can't even wipe off that chocolate in your lips it's nauseating" her boyfriend shifted his attention back to his cellphone.

"Games, games and games you don't have time for me anymore. You can't even act like a gentleman moreover a bit romantic" the girl angrily wiped off the chocolate icing herself while pouting.

"Looks like the rain has stopped, thank you for your treat. I'll just buy something then I'll leave, you can still stay if you want" Charlotte grabbed her bag.

"Such a glutton, which one do you like" Barry gazed at the various types cakes displayed.

"It's for my sister, a matcha cake and red velvet please" the cashier immediately put the cakes into tiny boxes.

"I'll pay" before Charlotte could contradict, Barry immediately extended his hand to the cashier with his black card.

Charlotte was stupified, this guy is really overdoing things "You really don't have to pay for it" she nervously laughed.

"It's fine" Barry stuffed his wallet to his pocket was was ready to leave. The little bell above the door rang whenever the door opens but this time a man in suit walked in with a very attractive woman clinging on his arm entered.

The man has white hair and blue eyes and has a very handsome face, his aura made Barry to shift his eyes at this man. His green eyes met his blue ones, their eyes met for a second but for the both of them it feels like the world slowed down for a millennia.

"Dimitri, could you buy me a red velvet cake it's my favorite" the woman spoke.

"Anything for you Ma Chérie" Dimitri spoke dotingly.

"I'm sorry ma'am but the last piece has been sold by that young girl a few seconds ago" the cashier said apologetically.

Margo's eyes lingered Charlotte's figure "Then I'll have a strawberry shortcake then" she replied.

"It's a pity that their red velvet cake has been sold out, I used to come here often to buy their red velvet it tastes like a masterpiece"

"Then I'll come here early every morning to buy your favorite" Dimitri paid and took the small box, after the two left everyone was talking about them.