Tainted Hearts

Author's Pov

Margo was in full smiles as she walked towards her room, today was just wonderful. How can't she be more happy when her rival was in misery. She also bribed a reporter to provoke Cadenza causing her to lose composure to damage her reputation.

Her dad has now dealt with her Vasiliev family, her dad purposely instructed his men to report and track every movements, schedule and plan of Cadenza's family. It's just so happens that Cadenza's parents and brothers were going home altogether, it was perfect chance to strike! Her dad purposely  planted bombs inside the engines, causing a plane crash. To clean everything up and avoid suspicions they have bribed the investigators by altering the cause of the incident saying it was all the malfunctions of the engines of the plane. She had also gotten rid of that woman who was supposed to be her cousin, a member of an assassin organization so easily dealt just like that, Margo sneered in her heart.

She just ordered Douglas to hired her cousin to assassinate the Vasiliev family, but who would have thought that she was also going down with them.

Now that Cadenza's family is gone and her mental stability is weak she's also easy to deal now.

"But let's leave her little life for now, I've got a few more tricks to play with her" Margo smiled as she closed her eyes.

The sun was shining, the skies were clear it's a wonderful morning but it's not the case for the Mavros residence. The whole mansion was in chaos, the maids that were lined up were pitifully lowering their heads in fear, they dare not raise their heads just to face their young madam's wrath.

Just yesterday their young madam was in a very good mood that she was even smiling from ear to ear. But now...

Sounds of shattering glass can be heard, Margo was in a rage. She clearly instructed someone to record Cadenza's violent reaction towards the female reporter, post it online for everyone to see. She had clearly seen the video herself and she was even pleased to it and she was expecting people to destroy Cadenza's reputation.

But instead people were standing her side, expressing their sympathy and even defending her. A maid came urgently running towards Margo, she lowered her head and she spoke very respectfully.

"Young madam, master has called you"

Hearing the voice behind her, she gradually calm down. Next time she'll make sure that Cadenza won't be able to rise again, death will be such an easy payment for what she stole from her, she will make sure she'll make her pay with interest.

As soon as Alistair and Astrid knew the incident they hastily rushed into the Imperial State Hospital. Astrid was lying her head down beside Cadenza with a sad face while Alistair stood at the corner of the room with a gloomy expression. He really doubted the whole accident, how can such accident be so clean? If it was really an accident not every little details would be wiped out just like that.

"Astrid stay with Cadenza for now" he left the room and went to examine the bodies, he put on the gloves and took the quilt that was covering corpse, revealing a cold body of a middle aged man.

"Lannister how many persons where in that plane?" he asked the man behind him.

"There were a total of 20: two pilots, seven attendants, five bodyguards and six members of Vasiliev family" the man behind him spoke as he read the reports in his hand.

"Oh? Total of 20 minus two missing bodies there were only eighteen bodies left and right now there were a total of eighteen" Alistair smirked as he looked at the eighteen corpses laid in front of him.

"This man, there were bruises of his body, it seems like it was a normal thing since he fell into an accident but if you look closely you can see bruises on his main points considering he was knocked out, the same thing with the other bodyguards" he walked towards the other corpses. He looked at the dead woman before home and examined her hand.

"Such calloused hand, rough and with small almost invisible scars. A hand that a person who had been through a tough years would possess. I believe this attendant was not just simple, the tattoo on her thigh was in a shape of a sacred geometry, in the middle there's a small crest of the logo of Akai Maru, the infamous assassin organization in the underground society. This woman won't be that stupid to risk her life for such a simple mission, I believe she was oblivious that she would be sacrificed by her organization"

Lannister was wise enough to connect the dots "So you're saying that she was just there to secure that no one will survive. But who would be so courageous to hire an assassin from an dangerous organization to be sacrificed? I see no reason for the Fuyu Assassination Society to make their move to the Vasiliev family"

"This, we only need a person to intrude the Underground Society to search for the exact answer" Alistair's voice sounded very interested dangerous yet seductive.

Suddenly a clap could be heard from behind, the two calmly looked at the source of the sound. A man in black suit stood there, his suit's left sleeve was delicately embrodied with gold lining of a dragon  his back was a sacred geometry of 9 circles that represents the 9 divisions of the Golden Dragon Mafia. His face was handsome and the smile that was plastered on his face carried danger, his aura was unbearably strong.

"I didn't expect the Young Master of Carson family would be so interested in this Case of the Vasiliev family's Assassination. If it were anyone else I won't definitely allow them to get close to these corpse, at first I was curious what would a young master of a prestigious family would do in such a place like this. I thought letting you in and letting you out won't be any difference, tell me 'Young Master' what are you doing in here? are you perhaps taking a little stroll in Imperial District's mortage?" Collin mocked, his eyes were full of amusement.

'Vasiliev Family's Assassination' instead of using incident he used assassination, this made Alistair's premonition becomes more affirmative.

"I'm just here to take a look on behalf of my friend" Alistair calmly spoke.

"Oh?" Collin's amusement grew "Is this friend of yours named Cadenza?"

His statement couldn't make Alistair calm anymore, his eyes narrowed dangerously. Collin was getting more amused by this young master, such dangerous eyes and intimidating aura he had.

"What do you know about her?" Alistair's voice was unusually cold and full of killing intent.

"I should ask you the same question, What do you know about her?" the last part barely came out of Collin's lips. His sentence hit Alistair. what does he know about her? Other than she's a spoiled yet independent, he knew nothing about her.

"See? You can't even answer me" Collin mocked.

"You clearly want something else from me, from the moment I stepped in this place you could have killed me but you didn't. Tell me what made the member of Golden Dragon Mafia interested in me?"